chapter 1

A/N: Hello everyone! I want to thank all those who read my short story and left comments. I really appreciate your feedback. Since some of you wanted more from me, I decided to write another fanfic with multiple chapters. I'm not sure how long I'm going to make it, but hopefully it will turn out well. I hope you enjoy the first chapter!

~AM

ONE SWEET DAY

Chapter 1

Sarah stared at herself intently in the mirror as her hairstylist and make up artist dolled her up for her show. They noticed how her eyes were looking at a distance, way beyond her reflection. They figured she was in deep thought, probably thinking about something or a certain someone.

"Sars, you still in there?" her make up artist questioned as he waved his hand in front of her face before applying her eye shadow.

The Popstar blinked out of her little universe and glanced at her jolly friend.

"Ah, sorry. I was daydreaming," she answered.

"It's okay. I'm sure wherever you were, it was a lot more peaceful than here."

She smiled and placed her hand on his shoulder. "You know it's always peaceful whenever you're around," she complimented him.

He blushed and leaned forward to finally apply the eye shadow. As he was contouring her eyelid, he stopped when they heard someone knock on the door.

"Come in!" one of the staff members called out.

The door slowly opened. Sarah glanced at the reflection and noticed a security guard step inside holding a bouquet of flowers.

"I have a delivery for Miss Geronimo," he stated.

"I'll go give it to her," Gerrome stated as he held the bouquet in his arms. "Who are they from?"

"I don't know. The delivery man said it was on the card."

"Okay, thank you!" Gerrome sent the security guard away and approached Sarah with the flowers.

He set them on the vanity table in front of her and stayed by her side.

"Did he say who gave them?" Sarah questioned as she reached over to hold the bouquet in her arms. She put it near her nose to smell the fresh scent and smiled. Gerrome shook his head and so she grabbed the card that was stuck in between the stems.

She opened the card and slowly smiled at the message that was written down for her.

Dear Sarah,

It's Miguel. I just wanted to wish you good luck tonight. I'm sure you're going to be great. I wanted to thank you for the ticket you gave me. That was kind of you, but unfortunately I can't make it. I had an emergency, but I gave my ticket to my mom. She's a big fan. I'll make it up to you. Dinner sound good? Once again, good luck!

"It's from Miguel!" Her hairstylist called out as she read the card over her shoulder.

"Hey!" Sarah smiled. "Who said you could read it?"

"I can't help it. It was right in front of me. I couldn't resist," she chuckled as she continued to curl her hair. "So are you going to go to dinner with him?"

Sarah didn't answer immediately. She was hesitant. It wasn't because she didn't want to. Miguel was a really sweet guy and a wonderful friend. They had been talking a lot since they she did a concert in Cebu a few months back. It was no secret that Miguel had a crush on her. He had a thing for her even before they met. It was all over the internet and magazine articles. There was just something within her that was stopping her from wanting more with him. She didn't know whether it was because of old feelings or if she was scared again.