chapter 2

A/N: Thanks so much for all the votes and comments. I know it's weird for you to see MV as part of the story, but I've been thinking about a story like this for a while and he seemed to be the perfect fit. Also, I'm sorry if this is all in English. I'm not really good at Tagalog, so I hope this won't give you nose bleeds. hehe. Anyways, here's the second chapter! Enjoy!

~~~

Chapter 2

Sarah's eyes looked all around her as she dragged her suitcase against the concrete. It was already late in the evening. She didn't think she'd be at the airport at this time. In about 30 minutes, she was about to step on a plane and fly over to a place she'd never been to before . She wasn't quite sure how she felt about it, but it was an offer she couldn't refuse.

Hours earlier, Miguel surprised her with a trip to the Misibis resort with her two best friends, Shin and Yeng. Her personal assistant and Ate Shine had already packed her things for the whole weekend. She didn't expect such a big surprise. It wasn't even her birthday. There wasn't a special event coming up, so she wondered why the big gift?

It seemed like everyone was in on it. Her family, her management and even her best friends were involved in helping him plan this trip. She was thrilled, but at the same time, she was hesitant to accept it. Miguel was doing this out of his own free will. He didn't have to do all this for her.

Shin, Yeng, and Sarah made their way to their terminal as Gerrome and Miguel escorted them to their seats. Gerrome was invited as their "male" counterpart for the trip. Miguel thought he'd make a nice addition to the group. He didn't want to be the only man coming along for the trip.

They all took their seats - Sarah sitting between Miguel and Shin. She could see him glance at her from the corner of her eye. She was hesitant to turn to him. There wasn't a reason to be so nervous. They were friends. This was a friendly trip - a very expensive friendly trip.

"I hope you're not too overwhelmed by the surprise," he spoke.

Sarah stopped fiddling with the keychain on her purse. "Oh, no, I'm not. .I'm -" She stopped. She couldn't lie. "Okay, maybe a little."

He chuckled. "I'm sorry. I just wanted to give you something nice. You're a super star after all. You needed a vacation."

She smiled. "It's okay. I know you're just being generous."

"I hope it's not making you uncomfortable."

"No, I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Miguel, I'm fine. I'm thankful that you were able to get me and my friends together on a nice vacation."

"Good because I mean, it wasn't easy trying to get you a few days off from your management."

"He was really impressive," Gerrome stated, cutting into the conversation. "He went straight to the Viva office, walked up to Boss Vic and requested that he give you a few days off."

"You did?" she questioned, looking at Miguel in surprise. He just smiled.

"I'm sure it wasn't easy convincing Boss Vic. You know how he is, but look, here we are. We're getting ready to have a vacation of a lifetime," Gerrome finished.

"You deserve this, Sars," Shin stated, patting her best friend's hand. "Who knows when you'd ever get a chance like this."

"I do get vacations, you know," Sarah replied, trying to defend herself.

"Your over-the-seas activities don't count. Nor do your holiday ventures either. You've never had the chance to just be lazy and relax. This is the time to do that," Shin explained. "Don't over think this. Miguel is giving you a favor. Forget about how big of a gift this is and take it as an opportunity to leave the entertainment world. So no complaining!"