Ch 3. The white man

I turned and looked at the clock hanging just above the door of the classroom. 
The hands read 8:45. I wasn't early. Where is everyone? I literally just saw everyone walk to their classes.
I pulled out my phone and looked at my class schedule. Nothing was different. And there was nothing from my teachers saying that class was delayed or that there was an assembly.
I walked over to the classroom door and opened it. 
Everything was still silent. And there was no one in the hallways. 
I closed the classroom door and started to panic. What was going on?
I walked back to my desk and sat down again.
Just then, someone burst through the door.
It looked like a man, but he was dressed in all white and had on a blue mask. 
He looked around for a second, then started walking towards me. 
I jumped out of my seat and ran to the back of the classroom in fear, but he kept walking towards me. 
I felt my back touch the wall. There was nowhere else to go. But whatever this man was about to do to me, I wasn't going to let it happen.
When the man was about 2 feet away from me, I kicked him as hard as I could in the stomach. 
He fell to the ground in pain and shock. This was my chance to escape.
I grabbed my backpack off of the back of my desk chair, ran out of the classroom, and into the girls bathroom just down the hall.
I got into the biggest stall, and locked the door. 
As I caught my breath, I realized that I left my math textbook on my desk. 
Well, it was too late to go after it now.
A few seconds later, I heard footsteps going down the hall. Getting louder and louder with every step. 
I went over to the toilet and stood up on the toilet seat so he couldn't see my feet under the stall. I already kicked him in the stomach. I couldn't give up now. If I did, he would probably kill me.
As the footsteps continued to get louder, I felt my body start to shake. I don't think I have ever been this scared in my life.
When the door to the bathroom opened, I held my breath so the man wouldn't hear me breathing.
One mistake, and I was dead.
The footsteps echoed across the whole bathroom, and with every step, my heart began to beat faster. 
Soon, I saw his white shoes through the gap under the door. 
I put my hand over my heart to muffle the sound of it beating. 
After what felt like forever, the white shoes left, and the footsteps went away and out the bathroom door.
I uncovered my heart and took a deep breath. I couldn't believe he didn't find me!
I stepped down from the toilet seat and unlocked my stall door.
He was gone.
I walked over to the bathroom door and opened it very quietly.
I couldn't hear footsteps anymore. He was probably far away enough where I didn't hear them. But that also ment, he couldn't hear me. 
I ran down the hall and out one of the side doors of the school. 
I immediately stopped when I opened the door.
No cars were in the parking lot. 
No people were outside walking.
Everything was empty.