Ch 7. Why hide?

“Who are ‘They’?” I asked, standing back up.
Lexi looked at the watch on her wrist and looked back up at me.
“Do you have a basement or any kind of wood for the windows?” She asked, completely ignoring the question. 
I clenched my fists.
“No, answer my question first! Who are ‘They’? And why is everyone gone?” I yelled.
Lexi grabbed my shoulder and looked me in the eyes.
“I don't have time to explain right now. We need to hide and fast. It is almost sunset,” She said.
I pushed her hand off of my shoulder and shoved her back.
“Don't touch me!” I yelled, still clenching my fists.
She looked at the ground and turned towards the door. 
“Easton Whither, you are making a big mistake,” she said quietly. 
I stomped the floor with my foot.
“No, I am not! I am not just going to listen to some girl who obviously tracks me and brings me back my textbook by doing so!” I screamed.
Lexi shakes her head and starts walking into the hallway.
“Goodbye Easton. I hope you survive,” She said as she closed my bedroom door. 
I sat down on my bed and listened to her footsteps going down the stairs. That girl must be crazy! Why in the world would she do this? 
I put my head into my pillow and screamed. 
Maybe I am the one going crazy.
I sat back up and took my phone out of my pocket. Maybe there is something on the news that can tell me what is really going on.
When I went into the news app, a big blue screen came up with the words “No Internet” across the center. 
Confused, I turned off my phone. Why is there no internet?
After a few seconds of silence, I heard a beep coming from my bedroom door. 
I walked over to it and opened the door.
On the ground was the notebook Lexi had with all of my qualifications in it. Or so she said.
I picked it up and closed my door again.
The notebook beeped in my hand, this time it was really loud. 
I walked over to my bed and put the notebook down. It beeped again, and this time, it was even louder than before.
I opened it and stood back, in case it was some kind of bomb. But after a few seconds of nothing happening, I walked back over to it. The beeping had stopped.
I picked it up and began to flip through the pages. 
They were all blank. 
Except one.
And it read,
8:15