Ch 6. Gone

I dropped the device and stepped back.
“Y- You are part of the Resistance?” I asked nervously. 
Lexi smiled and bent down to pick up the device. 
“Yeah, I am,” she replied while standing back up. 
I sat on my bed and tried to make sense of everything.
“Wait wait wait. Why did you come here then? I know you said that you wanted to return my math book, but that can't be the only reason why you came here,” I said.
Lexi started messing around with the tracking device. 
“Well, yeah. Obviously that wasn't the only reason why I came to find you Easton Whither. You are special,” she said.
I shook my head and stared at the ground.
“I'm not special. I have never done anything that was considered “cool”. That can't be the reason.”
Lexi put the device back in her pocket. 
“Well you definitely broke my tracking device,” she said sarcastically. 
I looked back up at Lexi.
“No. I mean, why me? Why choose me?” I asked.
She stepped closer to the bed and pulled a notebook out of a pocket in her pants.
“In this notepad, are all of the reasons why you are qualified, Easton Whither,” she said.
I got up and tried to look at the book, but Lexi pulled it away and put it back in her pocket.
“You are not allowed to look at it yet. You are just going to have to trust me, ok?” 
I sighed and sat back down on my bed.
“I can't just trust a stranger saying that they are from “the Resistance” with no proof that they actually are, tracked me down with a tracking device, and brought me my textbook that I left on my desk at school. Not only is that super creepy, but I am also not looking to get kidnapped. Thanks but no thanks,” I said.
I looked towards my parents who were standing in the doorway of my room.
“Please call the police,” I asked.
They nodded and walked out of my room.
“You are making a big mistake, Easton Whither,” Lexi said.
I turned to look at her.
“What do you mean? What I just explained to you sounds super creepy! Again, I don't want to be kidnapped, I said. 
Lexi smiled.
“Well the police aren't going to come.”
I tilted my head a bit in confusion. 
“What do you mean they aren't going to come?” I asked.
I heard footsteps coming up the stairs, and my mom came into my room.
“Easton, no one is answering the phone,” she said.
I looked back at the ground, then back up at Lexi.
“What did you do?” I asked.
Her smile turned very serious.
“I didn't do it. They did. Everyone is gone.”