Portkey

At the far end of the table, Percy was telling his father all about his report on cauldron bottoms. "I've told Mr. Crouch that I'll have it ready by Tuesday," Percy was saying pompously. "That's a bit sooner than he expected it, but I like to keep on top of things. I think he'll be grateful I've done it in good time, I mean, it's extremely busy in our department just now, what with all the arrangements for the World Cup. We're just not getting the support we need from the Department of Magical Games and Sports. Ludo Bagman —"

"I like Ludo," said Mr. Weasley mildly. "He was the one who got us such good tickets for the Cup. I did him a bit of a favor: His brother, Otto, got into a spot of trouble — a lawnmower with un- natural powers — I smoothed the whole thing over."

"Oh Bagman's likable enough, of course," said Percy dismissively, "but how he ever got to be Head of Department . . . when I compare him to Mr. Crouch! I can't see Mr. Crouch losing a member of our department and not trying to find out what's happened to them. You realize Bertha Jorkins has been missing for over a month now? Went on holiday to Albania and never came back?"

"Yes, I was asking Ludo about that," said Mr. Weasley, frowning. "He says Bertha's gotten lost plenty of times before now though I must say, if it was someone in my department, I'd be worried. . . ."

"Oh Bertha's hopeless, all right," said Percy. "I hear she's been shunted from department to department for years, much more trouble than she's worth . . . but all the same, Bagman ought to be trying to find her. Mr. Crouch has been taking a personal interest, she worked in our department at one time, you know, and I think Mr. Crouch was quite fond of her but Bagman just keeps laughing and saying she probably misread the map and ended up in Australia instead of Albania. However" Percy heaved an impressive sigh and took a deep swig of elderflower wine "we've got quite enough on our plates at the Department of International Magical Cooperation without trying to find members of other departments too. As you know, we've got another big event to organize right after the World Cup."

Percy cleared his throat significantly and looked down toward the end of the table where Harry, Ron, and Hermione were sitting. "You know the one I'm talking about, Father." He raised his voice slightly. "The top-secret one."

Ron rolled his eyes and muttered to Harry and Hermione, "He's been trying to get us to ask what that event is ever since he started work. Probably an exhibition of thick-bottomed cauldrons."

In the middle of the table, Mrs. Weasley was arguing with Bill about his earring, which seemed to be a recent acquisition ". . . with a horrible fang on it. Really, Bill, what do they say at the bank?" Katerina tried not to chuckle as she stared at the mother and child.

"Mum, no one at the bank gives a damn how I dress as long as I bring home plenty of treasure," said Bill patiently.

"And your hair's getting silly, dear," said Mrs. Weasley, fingering her wand lovingly. "I wish you'd let me give it a trim. . . ."

"I like it," said both Katerina and Ginny at the same time, smirking down at Katerina, Bill winked down at her before he turned his attention back to his mother. At this Katerina's face turned scarlet red, a knowing smile spread upon his face as he stared at the young witch from the corner of his eye, she was used to his playful and teasing words, but the way he now seemed to look at her made the young witch turn red and shiver "You're so old-fashioned, Mum. Anyway, it's nowhere near as long as Professor Dumbledore's. . . ." Katerina chuckled while nodding along, the thought of her loving guardian's very long hair coming to mind.
How she had come to miss him, she hadn't been able to see him since the begin of summer and before that she hadn't gotten to see him in months. But that was understandable, he was Albus Dumbledore, the greatest wizard! Of course he was always busy, much like she was. Being a young talented witch and a Dramir as well meant that much like her grandfather, she was busy most of her days. Most days she was either occupied with her studies or furthering missions for the Order.