Trap

With the sun was dimmed by a curtain of clouds, the cold air of the mountains surrounded them as they flew. Everything about this experience seemed natural to the young witch, her long raven curls flew as the creature picked up speed. Raising her hands up in the air a wide smirk spread upon her face, this was what it felt like to fly she thought.

As they flew over a large vast lake the sight of her own reflection surprised her. Her eyes were bright red with a hint of orange, her flesh had dark ombre scales on the edges of her face, she looked like a dragon.

This was another step in her path to maturity as a Dramir. Not many things were known about her race due to their rarity and secluded nature. Those who had made themselves public either were hunted down or simply killed in a war. The Dramir race up until now was only considered as a weapon, their likeliness to a dragon proved to be a great weapon of any army.

They landed on a rocky cliff, the sharp claws buried themselves on the stones as they climbed up. A few feet uphill lay the entrance of a cave, it looked dark and menacing, becoming more and more suspicious of the dragon by the minute she felt like she had made a grave mistake, there was danger ahead. Letting go of the dragons back she felt her claws extend, the onyx like material shined like deadly daggers under the rays of the sun. Gazing up at the cave her eyes clouded as they landed on three dark cloaked figures, Death Eaters.

Adrenalin coursed through her veins as they approached, these were the very dark wizards who haunted her past, therefore she knew she had to get away as fast as she could.

Looking back at the winged creature rage coursed through her veins, it was his fault!! Meeting her gaze with his Katerina noticed something within his eyes...regret? Shame? She could not tell as for she had very little time to escape.

The echo of her boots made her enemies move into motion, green lights shot her way with intents to kill. Dodging away from the deadly spells pain shot through her ribs as one of the spells grazed her body, hissing in pain she fell against one of the stone walls.

Blood oozed from the small wound as she stared down at it, placing a hand over her cut she turned to glare up at the approaching silhouettes, retrieving her own wand she began to cast protective spells. There was no use in only casting attack spells if you were not able to protect yourself.

The cave was dark and several feet up in the air, and her only escape was the cave entrance. Mustering all of her strength pushed herself off the wall sprinted towards the light. Just as she was on the edge of the cliff she jumped.

Gravity pulled her body towards the ground, the angry shouts of her attackers faded as she fell. Fighting to open her eyes Blood drained her body at what was before her, nothing but sharp rocks lay beneath her, by jumping out the cliff she was only delaying the inevitable. The Death eaters couldn't kill her, but the fall will.

Covering her face with both of her arms, the odd appearance of her hands amazed her, they were covered in dark red scales. Katerina felt odd, her instincts were kicking in and suddenly the air around her seemed to slow down, and just as her shock was beginning to fade a bone shattering pain filled her body.

The cries of a feral creature echoed through her mind as it tried to take control, Katerina knew she had to take the reigns of her own mind. The creature within her mind urged her to let it take control, it was the only way to survive it cried. But despite the pain and the nagging feeling in the back of her mind she managed to land on the ground someone safely.

With the unknown creature still echoing on the back of her mind she limped towards the nearest tree and leaned against it. Exhaustion filled her and she had never felt so out of control, everything that just happened could have ended with her death. Fluttering her eyes shut she tried to ease her breathing, thankfully the dry heaving turned into calm steady breaths as sleep lulled her into a state of peace.

Pealing her eyes open she gazed down at her hands, the scales and claws were gone, all that remained were a few scabs and bruises.

Tired and worn out Katerina turned her gaze toward the night sky, a sigh escaped her lips as she realized she was nowhere near her school. There was nothing she could do now, resting her head against the back of the tree she went back to sleep.

The cold night air sent a chill through Katerina's back as she slept, sadly there was nothing she could do. It was far too dangerous to sleep there, let alone light a fire. Bringing her knees up to her chest she entwined her hands before igniting a small flame. The fire heated up her face and hands, yet it was not enough to ease her body from the teeth rattling cold.
At least it's something, she thought bitterly. Entranced by the flames and their movements she found herself confortable enough to rest once more.