How To Train Your Dracorex Part 2

We emerge into a woodland, sounds of birds singing in the trees as our feet crunch the leaf litter under them. It was almost idyllic as we started our journey, that is until I stumble into some sort of effigy holding the skulls of animals. Images of the dead man from the terror bird incident flash in my mind. "I-I want to go back." The words leave my lips before I can stop them, Sarah now having to take the role of the confident leader. Coaxing me forward to continue on.

Finding the village that is, I'm assuming, a town inside medieval London, I stare in awe at the bustling trade and constant flow of people and animals. The smell leaves little to the imagination though as people throw down what I can only assume is their waste. I scrunch my nose as we continue to weave our way past taverns and dwellings, getting more uncomfortable as more people seem to stop to look at me. I want to hiss at Sarah why I'm getting so much attention but she stops us as we come to the outskirts of the city again, finding a church with high walls and beautiful stained glass. "You should stay out here." She tells me, a glimmer in her eye as she looks me up and down. Crossing my arms I raise an eyebrow. "And why is that?" She huffs, shoulders slumping for a second as she thinks about telling me something. She decides against it though, instead backing away to make a quick escape. "It doesn't matter, we don't have time. Stay here!" She commands as I move to follow her. "Sarah!" I hiss through my teeth as she disapears to the front of the church.

As the minutes tick by I feel my hair stand up in anxiousness. I'm on edge as I tap my fingers against crossed arm, surveying the surrounding area cautiously.

"His name is Sir William De Mornay, he was a mercenary, a warrior going around Europe working for whoever paid him. He's killed a lot of men. And he's looking for redemption and he thinks killing the dragon is what's going to do it." This is also exactly what she tells Danny when we arrive back through the anomaly. She goes quiet for a moment as he questions her. "My job is to research so I researched." I scoff as she meets my eye, warning me off opening my mouth. He must say something else because she nods slightly in reply. "Better than you think." She goes quiet again, this time longer than before as I anxiously flick my hair over my shoulder, eyeing the equally dark haired woman before me as she leads us towards a building connected to the scrap yard.

"Well in that case there's the ruins of an old parish church down by the river. I'm sending you the coordinates now. " She is shushed by both Abby and Becker as we round a corner to meet them. Gasping, I instantly go crouch by the captains side to look over the unconscious dracorex as Abby continues to stitch up the poor beast. I eye her handy-work appreciatively as she glances at me with a slight smile. Becker nudges my arm that is next to his, though both his hands stay firmly on the dinosaur. He looks slightly in awe of the creature before him, looking between me and it in a daze for a second before his eyes travel down. Rolling my own, I shake my head at him. "Well he can't right now he's helping Abby operate on the dracorex."

"I can leave right now, Mia will come." This seems to quiet the man enough for her to hang up, shooting me a look that says 'let's go.'

The sound of metal clanging echos around the ruins of the church, said ruins a strange sight to see when not two hours ago I'd seen it in all its glory. Running forward in fear for Danny's life I let Sarah continue her work of whatever the hell she's doing at some grave sites. I shout out, reaching Danny as he lays before the knight, the sword held high ready to make its mark. Falling to my knees in front of him I lower my head and raise my hands held together. "Please, my lord spare him." I beg, hoping what I'm attempting to do does distract him long enough for Sarah to stop his rampage. Either my appearance or my words halt him, his sword stilled as I raise my head to meet his eyes. His armour is now gone, leaving just the man and his sword. "What trickery is this, now?" He stumbles back a step, eyeing me warily as I raise my hands higher, letting my palms face him. "No tricks. I-" eyes wandering to our side I see Sarah hopping from grave to grave, waving for me to carry on, though I have no idea what to say. Thinking of something quick as what Sarah said earlier about him looking for redemption comes to mind. Meeting his eyes again, "I fear for your soul, my lord. This is not hell and he is no imp." Though he sometimes acts like one. The man, Sir William, seems to waver as my words register with him for a moment. Though that moment passes as quickly as it comes. His sword raised higher as his initial step back is undone with two forward. "Lies! The devil tries to deceive me, sending one of his harlots in the visage of a fair lady." I don't know whether to be offended or flattered, though neither expression is shown on my measured face. "Please! I am no harlot of the wicked one." I can decide if I'm getting too into my role or not. I feel Danny move slightly behind me, startling the Knight who had once again begun to soften under my gaze. His movement triggers the knights rage as his eyes land back on the man behind me, raising his sword above his head to take the final blow.