Sun Cage Part 2

Amelia's POV

"Err Nick? Yeah I think we were just a little too late." Nick turns around and immidiatly bends down to check for a pulse before shaking his head and standing up confirming that the women is in fact dead.

"It's an animal kill." I say walking closer to further examine the body. A sigh escapes me as I hear someone say that the animal could be anywhere in the building by now but am too far in my thoughts to distinguish voices.

Next thing I know we are cornering a woman. Why are these people still here this late? Well I guess she would be wondering the same thing if everyone didn't have their guns pointed at her. I barely notice the brief conversation between her and Nick before lowering my gun and telling Nick to also lower his gun. "Nick she's obviously no threat to us. Put the gun down for Gods sake!" He does as I said but the 'others' don't to which I glare at but don't say anything because I know they won't follow my orders only their captains or as I like to call him now 'action man'. Thankfully he does and the woman seems to relax somewhat.

"Well I've never seen a professor with a gun before." She answers Cutter when he tries to reassure her he is not a thief, but instead is a professor. He sighs and relaxes a bit at her less rigid remark. "Yeah. It's a pretty specialised field." Just as he says that Dr Page seems to notice the body behind him and even worse seems to recognise the person. "Marion!" She screams confirming to me and the others that she does indeed know the person but does the opposite to what I thought she would do. She runs. Without thinking about the consequences I follow closely behind her while everyone else is still in shock.

"Mia? Dr Page?!" Connor screams after us, when he finially gets out of his shock induced stupor, as we run in whatever direction Dr Page is taking us.

She leads us down some stairs to a darkish room filled with Egyptian looking artifacts. I yelp as I trip and fall down the last few stairs and hiss as I land on the hard floor.

Okay that's going to leave a hefty bruise. When I look up I see this crocodile looking thing cornering Dr Page.

I quickly, well as quickly as I can, pull out my P99 and shoot past it hitting the wall. Since I don't have my tranq gun on me I will have to settle for scaring it away.

Seconds later I realize that didn't work since it turns on me but before it can do anything the big mechanical doors open letting the creature escape.

Connor helps me up as Nick goes straight to Dr Page and asks if she's okay. He takes her silence as an answer.

"What did you see?" He asks getting right to business making me roll my eyes.

"What am I? Blind?" I mutter under my breath making Conner stutter a slight laugh before becoming serious again.

I guess I yet again missed some of the conversation because all I hear next is something about an ammut? Or THE Ammut?

And then Dr Page pointing to a statue of a crocodile looking creature that looks a lot like the creature I just saw.

She looks hopeless like she thinks they think she's crazy so I step in to help, yet again.

"Look they all believe you saw something it's just not exactly Ammut. It's something a little more real and a lot more dangerous." I say putting a comforting hand on her shoulder because after all I know what it's like to be in this position.

She looks at me with a terrified expression from what I've said which makes me regret it but before I can say anything she composes herself and looks away from me to Nick. I sigh and go to start walking up the stairs.

"Mia?" Connor asks looking at me concerned. I smile lightly at him before shaking my head.

"I'm just going to secure the upstairs area just incase someone else is wandering around." I inform him and anyone else who was listening. He nods before going back to Dr Page.