Sun Cage Part 1

Amelia

I awoke to the sound of my phone ringing on my desk that I must have fallen asleep on. Well isn't that just great! I notice uncle Nick wasn't home, he must have went in early. "Hello?" I say in an obviously sleepy voice.

"We've got another one." Cutter tells me with an edge to his voice, somethings up, other than the crazy dangerous anomaly of course. "Nick, I've been working non stop for three days now." I moan for about a minute while he lightly chuckles down the phone at my childishness.

"Okay, are you done now?" He asks still chuckling. Huffing as I push myself from the desk, "I guess so, so what have we got?" I ask going into work mode. I must get that from Nick because he can be very serious and not let his emotions get the better of him, the only time that seems to happen is when Helen is involved. And I guess Stephen can n9w be included into that; watching a close friend die in front of you isn't something you can shake. I, myself, still have the nightmares. He was one of my only friends and now he's gone.

Cutter snaps me out of my thoughts, "are you there?" He asks, a bit concerned. Sighing as I steel myself, "oh yeah sorry, what did you say?" I ask a bit exasperated.  "I'll send you the coordinates, get here as fast as you can." He answers, a sharp edge to his voice. "What's wrong?" I ask, frowning, knowing something's off with him other then the whole 'Stephen thing'. "Just get here fast. Wait till you see the little gift Lester sent us." He speaks sarcastically.

"Okay, okay I'm on my way, is Connor there?" I ask grabbing my keys. "Yeah and so is Abby." He says and I sigh. "I'll be there soon." I affirm trying to pull my outfit on, I grab the first thing available to me, not thinking of the practicality of it for the most part. Wearing a white loose play suit with long sleeves and legs that cut off mid thigh. I also quickly put some old combat boots on, running my hands through my lengthy chestnut hair before pulling it into an extremely messy bun; if it can even be called that. Cutter hangs up, the familiar beep making me realise he was still on the line.

I quickly walk out the house and out to my white Kawasaki Ninja 300; it's my baby. I quickly hop on, start the ignition and drive off at  what I can only describe as an illegal speed.

Becker

"I assume you've been fully briefed?" My new boss James Lester asks me in a slighlty bored tone. "Yes sir." I put my hands behind my back and square my shoulders, easily keeping track of the conversation as my eyes wander around the facility I will now be in charge of protecting. "Your job is to tighten up security in every area in the ARC." He pauses briefly before continuing, "as you may know, we've had a number of unfortunate lapses recently." His tones of voice makes his words that of a rhetorical question, which I feel the need to answer anyway. "I'm aware of that."

He completely bypasses my talking and carries on talking about what they do here. I make a sarcastic joke to which he seems unamused. "In future, I'll do the jokes." He remarks, about to walk away after telling me about Cutter and his team when he turns on his heal and quickly walks back to me.

"Oh, by the way, I'd consider it a personal favour from both me and Nick Cutter that you keep a specific eye on his niece. After the Stephen Hart incident she's become quite reckless, like she doesn't care if she dies or not." He pauses and then leans closer to me with a very serious face. "You musn't let her catch on to that you are to protect her specifically, because if she does find out all hell will break loose, she might look like an angel but you see she's a Cutter and they can be the biggest pain in the neck if you get on their bad side." He roles his eyes, obviously thinking of a past memory but I do notice the small smile that graces his lips.

"Yes sir, I will keep an eye on her." I state as he turns around and with a flick of the hand I'm free to go. Great now I'm a soldier and a babysitter, just how bad can one grieving woman be to keep an eye on?

Amelia

I quickly get off my bike smirking at the building in front of me. Oh, Connor's going to love this. I swiftly walk to the doors of the museum to be greeted by the few faces I recognise surrounded by a whole freaking swat team by the looks of it. I huff, eyeing a soldier that's standing next to Cutter in all black with his arms crossed; seeming the most dominant in his positioning and stance as the men around him look like they're awaiting orders.

I roll my eyes at the smirk he shoots me and quickly make my way over to Cutter ignoring the smirking action man. "What have we got?" I ask quickly grabbing my platinum P99 from Abby who must've recieved my weapons from the secure weapons unit. I curse myself for not wearing an outfit with jeans today. Quickly strapping it to my side since I can't exactly tuck it in my pants, I strap another to my other side and then grabbing two blades putting one in each boot. I then put the straps around each of my thighs slipping five different blades into each feeling the cool metal against my leg and then grab my baby blade that I use for throwing gripping it tight in my hand.

I'm by far the most equipped person on the team or at least I was before action man and his crew came along. Ever since Stephen, I found myself too anxious to go out in the field with little to no defence.

I didn't notice that literally everyone was staring at me until I turn around. I see the familiar team with smirks on their faces staring at the ARC security who are, for the most part, wide eyed staring in shock and when I look so is soldier boy. "So what have we got?" I repeat my starting statement ready to go into work mode, not interested in acknowledging the obvious change to our usual set up. "We don't know, we thought we would wait for you." He answers while I nod in understanding.

"Okay then, what are we waiting for?" I ask walking straight past the group completely ignoring soldier boy and his motley crew. Nick smirks as he joins me knowing I won't give these people the time of day.

I forget about the newfound annoyance that has clung onto our group as I spot both Abby and Connor ahead of us. "Conner!" I yell before jumping on his back making him teeter, almost falling over. Okay so maybe business mode isn't exactly the right phrasing.

"Mia! My back, why do you do this to me?" He asks dramatically while I smirk before kissing his cheek. Looking around I notice Abby smirking at the scene in front of her. "Because I love you so much and I wanted to give you a hug!" I play it off with puppy dog eyes that I know he can't resist.

"Ugh! Mia you are one of the most evil people I've ever met." Connor says while chuckling. "I know!" I say in a forced cute high pitched voice kissing his cheek again.

"But you love me!" I smirk. He huffs and puts his arm around my shoulder leaning on me as we walk.

"So how are you enjoying this amazing historical building?" I ask in an old wise voice making Connor and myslef chuckle. "Oh you know how much I'm enjoying it." He shudders making me laugh more. Just as I'm about to reply Abby cuts me off. "So, what is all this I hear about Connor being afraid of museums?" I go bright red and hit Abby in the arm as I realize the cats out of the bag. Connor turns to me with a look of betrayal on his face.

"You told her?!" He shouts making Abby hit him in the arm and shush him. I stand there dumbfounded.

"I didn't mean to....she forced me!" I lied pointing at Abby. Nick turns around briefly to roll his eyes at my horrible acting and childish behaviour. I chuckle then make a face at his back.

"What?"

Just as he's about to reply my eyes wander to nothing other than a body that's lying on the floor.