That's Not Tweety Pie Part 1

"Okay, so we've learned that Lupin doesn't like Sid and Nancy

"Okay, so we've learned that Lupin doesn't like Sid and Nancy." Turning, I glare at Connor's obvious statement. "Really? I didn't notice." Connor rolls his eyes at me from the passenger seat of my car; that I have been using a lot more recently than my bike.

Over the week we've been trying to get the creatures to live in coexistence but it just isn't working. The reason we were doing this was because after the incident last week with Lupin getting out, I just didn't want to leave him in the ARC where things can become dangerous. But I guess now I don't really have a choice.

Sighing, I open the car door and get out, welcoming the slightly cold air that hits my skin. Closing the shiny, black door, I shuffle around to the boot where Lupin is in his crate. Heaving the cage as gently as possible I groan under his weight. He's getting bigger and bigger all the time. The sudden movement must startle him because he starts to move around frantically in the blanket covered cage. "Shush Lupin, it's just me." Hearing my voice seems to calm him slightly as his movements become less erratic. Balancing him while trying to get my pass out to scan and show security, I barely manage it and huff as I watch Connor just walk away like I don't exist. "Thanks for the help!" I shout down the corridor once I get in, still struggling with Lupin's cage. He turns to smile at me sheepishly but doesn't say anything as he walks away.

"Idiot." Shaking my head I turn a corner to head to mine and Abby's unit. "Need a hand?" A small smile appears on my face as I hear the voice behind me. I quickly wipe it away with an obviously mocking glare. "No Becker, I'm fine." Just as I say that Lupin justles his cage and nearly sends me flat on my face. "Hmph." A small groan of annoyance escapes me at being caught in a lie. The captain raises his eyebrow in amusement before taking a step forward to grab Lupin.

Sighing, I allow him to carry the cage as I carry on my journey to the unit, without looking back to see if he is following. The time passes slowly as I try to keep a couple steps ahead so it doesn't feel too awkward. We haven't really talked about what happened last week; him not wanting to face up to how he reacted to me nearly dying and myself not wanting to believe how close we have gotten to the point that I'm scared I could lose him like I did Stephen and Nick. He'd just be another to add to the list and I don't want that even if it's starting to annoy me how we keep going around in circles, both too stubborn to acknowledge the elephant in the room.

"So, how is this thing doing?" Looking to him, startled at him engaging in a conversation with me of his own free will, I nearly laugh.

Nearly.

Glaring at him for calling Lupin a thing, "his name is Lupin and he's doing fine. Would be doing a lot better if Connor, Sid and Nancy would hurry up and move back in with Abby." I roll my eyes in annoyance at the thought of the intelligent yet incredibly stupid man.

Becker is laughing before I even stop speaking making me nudge him slightly to the side; he somehow caught up to me while I wasn't paying attention. I can't stop myself from ranting further, enjoying talking to him so easily without having to mention the electric tension between us. "It's not funny! I went into the bathroom yesterday and when I was done showering I pulled back the curtain and he was just there, in his boxers, relieving himseld!" My cheeks go red as I remember the embarrassing situation of seeing my best friend pissing. I swear if I didn't love that boy so much he would be out on his ear with a black eye. His laughter dies down but the amusement in his eyes is still there slightly. "Wait, showering? So he saw you naked?" His laughter increases as I push him jokingly.