House In The Woods Part 1

A/N

Sorry guys, this chapter got accidentally deleted by Wattpad so I'm republishing it. Here you go.

~

I stand next to Abby as we work on a new idea for a feeder for the animals

"And then when they come near it...bang! Instant food." I exclaim excitedly like a kid in a sweet shop.

"You can be such a nerd sometimes, you know?" I roll my eyes at Abby's comment knowing she is just as excited about it as I am.

"Yeah and you love it." She shoves me making a small giggle leave my lips.

Feeling a sudden pair of eyes on me I look up across the room to see Becker staring at me smirking obviously hearing my giggle.

I huff at him in annoyance trying to hide my blush by dipping my head downwards.

"All right. Listen up!" Snapping my head in the direction of were Cutter's voice is coming from I start making my way over to him were a small group of people have started to gather.

"We've analysed the most recent anomalies and put them into the model. The prediction is specific and local, but there's a problem. It could happen tomorrow or many years from now."

Nick looks over at me with a slight nod. "Check it out, and take Sid and Nancy with you." He says referring to Connor and Abby which makes me chuckle at their reactions.

"I'll go too." Jenny informs stepping forward so me and her are elbow to elbow with each other. I frown slightly in concern. Jenny is someone I've been close to for awhile since Stephan died nearly a year ago. I know as crazy as they can be Abby and Connor can look after themselves but Jenny? She could get hurt.

"No, I need you here." I let out a small sigh of relief before angling myself towards to exit of the room; ready to prepare to go.

"I should handle this." Becker's voice comes out indifferent but in his eyes I notice him scanning me in concern. This makes me slightly suspicious. Someone wouldn't have told him about me and my reckless self, would they?

Shaking it off I square my shoulders slightly and turn to face him with a ghost of a smirk. "No. We can do it, Captain." I can see his eye twitch in slight annoyance of me calling him 'Captain' which makes my smirk grow. Can't let anyone know I'm warming up to the head of the ARC's security. I've got a reputation to protect.

"If anything happens, call me." I nod at Nick and as I am about to leave I feel myself being dragged to the side slightly. Now fully facing Becker I angle my head upwards so I can stare into his eyes properly.

"Please promise me something?" He asks searching my eyes for something with a slight frown in his as his lips droop at the corners. "Depends. What is it?" I slightly joke trying to erase the tension but he doesn't seem to be in a joking mood.