Hospital Food Part 2

The moment is ruined by Connor and Becker bursting into the room.

My eyes instantly connect with Becker's as I send him a nod while beaming a smile his way.

"Sorry, we-" Nick cuts Connors loud voice off with a slight glare while whispering, "whoa, whoa, whoa."

"Okay. I'm going to have to go. The nurse will look after you now. Okay?" I ask smiling down at the woman with the big smile on her face.

"Thank you, for everything." She says gratefully while I nod still smiling not being able to get rid of it.

"Do you know what you're going to call him?" Cutter asks.

She looks back down at her baby, "I don't know. I only had girls' names ready. Do you think, erm...Do you think he'd be okay if I called him Stanley? I know it's old-fashioned. It was my dad's name."

"See you around, Stanley." Nick rubs the little boys head before leaving.

I lean down and place a kiss on Cathy's and then Stanley's head.

"Congratulations Cathy."

Leaving the room I sigh in relief as my shoulders droop slightly from exhaustion before I jog to catch up to Cutter.

"You did well in there." Nick complements me which makes a small smile light my face yet again.

I lean against him as he wraps an arm around me.

"Thanks, uncle Nick." I kiss his cheek before giving him a hug. Something about seeing a family being created really does make you appreciate the one you have.

We walk for a bit through the long hospital corridors with Becker walking a bit in front of us.

I watch the way his muscles move underneath the material of his shirt that isn't covered by his body armour.

"You fancy him." I snap out of my gawking as I realise Nick is still next to me.

"What? No I don't." I lamely defend myself even though I can see in his eyes he doesn't believe me.

"Oh come on, Mia, give me a little more credit than that. It's obvious." I roll my eyes while shrugging my shoulders.

"Yeah? Well, what about you and Jenny?" Is my petty come back trying to change the subject from my love life.

He doesn't answer me but from the small fond smile that creeps upon his face it doesn't take much of a genius to guess what that means.

I nudge him playfully which he does back by shoving me but I don't try and carry on the conversation of our relations and neither does he.

"Your parents would have been proud of you today." My eyes almost water at his soft voiced comment.

"I miss them, so much." My voice breaks slightly as I whisper it to him. He nods in understanding before wrapping his arm around my shoulder to comfort me.

"I do too." Is his reply as he rubs my arm a bit. He isn't used to this which is apparent in his awkward yet sweet comforting skills.

"I love you, Nick." My voice comes out as a whisper yet again as my head leans against his shoulder.

"I love you too, Kid." I smile as we finally exit the hospital which is when I split from Nick and go into a car with Becker and a few of his team not bothered who I ride with.

A couple of them stare at me funny as I buckle my seatbelt. "Do I have something on my face?" I deadpan while staring anyone down who looks me in the eyes.

After that they leave me alone as they shift nervously while putting their seatbelts on.

I make eye contact with Becker in the head mirror, who is smiling at me, as I'm about to smile I realize that the others are watching and instead I smirk back, "that goes for you too, Soldier Boy."