Here's What's Beneath The Surface

"The Boiling Isles, born from the flesh and bones of a fallen Titan. This original magic was so potent, all life on the Isles evolved to wield magic too. For years, we explored those power freely. Until, a mysterious witch appeared who declared that he, and he alone, could speak to the island. He said that we were using magic all wrong. His teachings took hold, his strength grew, and he became... Emperor Belos. Belos said that mixing magic was wrong, that only he had that right. So he created the coven system. And there, our knowledge was restricted, and our potential sealed away. Those who resist are called wild witches, and they face harsh punishment. Emperor Belos has since retreated into his castle. There are whispers that say he's planning something big. I wonder if catching Eda was part of his big plan. What do you think, Luz? Luz?"

Luz stares at the tag on her cape, reading: "To a young witch from her proud mentor EDA".

"I don't care what Belos is up to... because today, I'm saving Eda!"

Luz opens the door to a room decorated with weapons.

"Luz, what are you doing?" King questions.

"This is serious, King. Eda used her power to save me and got caught by Lilith. Now she's the Owl Beast and is being taken before the Emperor! I don't know what he's planning to do with Eda, but I'm going to rescue her."

"Haven't you been listening to me? He's the Emperor! He's the most powerful witch alive!"

"So was Eda." Luz and King look at Valerie who walks in the room. "But now she's captured by Belos. And because of Lilith she's going to get petrified. So not matter who comes our way - we're saving Eda!" Valerie summons her staff and hits it on the floor.

Luz crouches down to face King. "King, please try to understand. Eda is in this situation because of me. Because of my stupid choice. I have to make up for it."

"But she's in her Owl Beast form! How will she even recognize you?"

"I don't know. But I have to try anyway."

"Well then, I'm going too."

"King..." Valerie crouches down as well.

"Me and Eda don't always see eye-to-eye, but I do consider her family. I want her back as much as you do."

Valerie and Luz stand up. "Alright. Then we've got no time to lose!" They both run out the room with King following behind.

Valerie stops in her tracks. Luz looks back at her. "Valerie?"

She closes her eyes and sighs out. "Luz... you go on without me. I'm gonna find a different way to save Eda."

Luz looked shocked. "What?!"

Valerie angrily yells. "Lilith is the reason for all this and I'm gonna make sure I deal with her! And I'm gonna make sure that Eda's okay..." Valerie tried not to cry and wipes her eyes.

"Good luck." Valerie jumps out a window and flies off.

"Val - wait!"

King grabs Luz's cape. "No! Valerie can take care of herself. Besides, if she gets there before us then we'll know that Eda will be okay!"

Her face showed worry but King had a point.

. . .

At the castle, inside Emperor Belos's throne room, Beast Eda runs around from Lilith.

"Eda, stop that this instant!"

Beast Eda tears down a tapestry of Belos, begins chewing on it.

Lilith bubbles Eda. "Don't look at me like that. This is for your own good. Emperor Belos will heal you, and we'll be in his coven together. Isn't that wonderful?"