The Intruder

Inside the owl house, Valerie is rummaging through stuff in a big closet upstairs. She found old clothes, some random stuff that was likely stolen, and some elixir that's for Eda.

Valerie groans in annoyance. "I know it's in here somewhere!" Valerie moves a big box in the way. She gasps. "I found it!" Valerie takes out a skateboard.

The skateboard being plain. Not having any design on the bottom, it has grip tape, the trunks, and wheels, but no fun design.

Valerie's expression falls. She goes downstairs. "Maybe I should design it."

Suddenly, Valerie heard what sounds like a woman singing softly. Valerie turns around but she sees no one.

She looks around to still see no one. She became confused. She walks downstairs and hears King rambling about something.

Once she got to the door she sees King with lots of papers and a chalk bored. "Is King teaching you about Demons?" Valerie asks as she leans against the door frame crossing her arms.

"Yes he is!" Luz says in a baby voice as she taps on her phone screen. Valerie puts her skateboard down near the door.

"Luz, pay attention. This information could save your life someday." King states.

"No, no. I am so paying attention. This is my paying attention face." She starts nodding.

"Mm‐hmm, mm‐hmm, mm‐hmm." She says as she nods.

"Now that you're living with us you've gotta deal with what Eda and I had to go through. I remember learning nothing but demons for a week straight. Trust me Luz, King's information about demons are useful. Some are not true, but most information he has about demons are information you should know. Especially living in a place like this." Valerie explains, her last statement being about the boiling isles.

"You've seen the demons around here, its not something to take lightly." Valerie states.

Lightning crashes, immediately followed by a thunder rumble. Luz, Valerie and King look outside.

"Uh‐oh. Looks like it's gonna rain." King observes. Luz gasps.

"I love the rain." Luz happily says. Valerie's eyes widened.

"Luz wait!!" Luz opens the door, exhales.

"I always love feeling the first few drops in my hair." She kneels down to talk to a flower.

"I bet you do too, little buddy." A water drop drops down to the flower, making it wither and die immediately.

Luz became scared and confused. Eda runs to the house. "Boiling rain! Everybody inside now!" She yells.

Luz yelps as Eda grabs her arm and drags the both of them inside. Objects crash and clatter.

"Phew! That was close. But the important thing is you didn't get hurt." Eda says.

Luz lying painfully says, "Yep." She groans as a cup falls on her head.

"Not hurt." Valerie helps her up as Eda puts a spell around her and heads outside.

Luz, Valerie, and King walking out the house, but under a little roof so the rain doesn't hit them, they sit down together.

"The rain here is different, it's boiling hot rain, it's not normal cold rain that us humans get in the human realm." Valerie explains.

"Ow!" Luz says as she looks at her arm having an injury.

King puts a bandage on a burn on Luz's arm. He puts another bandage on his snout. "Look, now we're boo‐boo buddies." Luz squeals, then falls over.