Lily Can Only Try

Lilith makes it to Valerie. "Valerie!" She gets up from the ground and puts the little ferret on her shoulder.

"Why won't you just leave me alone?" Valerie growls.

"Well, first off because you ran off into the forest on your own, and second, I'm trying to apologize to you!" Lilith desperately exclaims.

"You've already tried apologizing, shouldn't you understand that I'm not going to forgive you?! Ever!" Valerie yells.

Lilith takes a step forward but Valerie takes a step back. "Please, what must I do to show you I'm trust worthy? Someone that could be your aunt?"

"Nothing! There's nothing you can do! You don't know anything about my foster parents - you know nothing about my real parents - and all you ever do is stab people in the back so you can get noticed by anybody who's higher than you so you can feel better about yourself!"

Lilith felt her heart slowly breaking as Valerie rambled. "But—"

"Why don't you just go back to the Emperors Coven where you belong? Cause it seems you like to petrify wild witches and kissing the emperors butt! Out of everyone, I trust you the least. I even trust Kikimora more than I trust you!"

"Please—"

"I HATE YOU!"

Valerie's scream echoed loudly across the forest. Even scaring a couple animals near by.

Lilith gasped as she felt her heart break. Valerie quickly runs off but even with Lilith in tears, she chases after her. "Valerie! Wait!"

Valerie keeps running but Lilith wasn't far behind as she kept running. "Valerie! Please, just listen to me!"

"Go away!"

Valerie steps on something, like some kind of hidden deep hole. Lilith quickly grabs Valerie but this caused the two to fall into the hole.

Valerie felt a pain on her knee. "Oh no, Valerie, you're bleeding!" Lilith worriedly says. She looks at Val's knee that's scrapped and bleeding.

Lilith went to touch it but Valerie pushes her hand away. "Don't touch me!"

"Valerie, please! You won't even let me help you?"

"Because I hate you!" Valerie puts her legs to her chest. "And do you wanna know why I hate you?"

Lilith prepares herself.

"You lied to me, you hurt my friends, you cursed my mom, you nearly killed my mom - who is your own sister! And you even were gonna stay in the coven that was going to petrify your own sister!"

Lilith looks down in disappointment. Shoulders a little up as she couldn't look Valerie in the eyes anymore.

Valerie pulls her legs closer into her chest having tears in her eyes. "And yet... a part of me feels horrible treating you like this..."

Lilith was shocked hearing this. It was like Valerie had her breaking point; like she was done being mean to Lilith.

"I never got to become close with you cause of you being a coven leader, sometimes when Eda sees you, there's this look she gives of sadness. And sometimes, I wish you were in my life as well... because I've always wanted an aunt around."

Valerie wipes away her tears, her cheeks pink showing she's a little embarrassed. The little ferret making a worried noise as he looks at her concerned.

"I want to love you as my aunt. I want to love you as family. I want to be able to love you... but why is it so hard after knowing the things you've done?" Valerie grabs her hair, looking as though she might pull it out.