act one, scene two

"Remus, Remus, Remus!" came the chants of Remus' excitable cousin, Callum, through the telephone. "I saw them again!"

"Who?" he asked, chuckling. His muggle cousin really was cute.

"You know, those two street singers by King's Cross that go there every summer! They started singing again yesterday, and it was all Queen songs!"

"Really?" Remus asked, smiling.

Sirius likes Queen, doesn't he? And I bet he'd want an excuse to get out of the house again...

"Yeah! Their original songs are great, too, but it's nice hearing something I can sing along to. They opened with My Fairy King! That's such a hard song to duet with, but they managed it! And they made it sound good even though they didn't have drums and only had an acoustic guitar. They're crazy good! You really should go see them before you have to go to that fancy boarding school in Scotland."

"Sure, sure," Remus grinned. "In a few days, I'll see if they're worth all the hype, Callum."

"They are!" Callum insisted hotly.

"How can I be so sure?"

"I say so, so they are!"

Their friendly banter continued, and Remus almost forgot that it had been the full moon two nights ago, with how nice and childish his muggle cousin was acting. Teasing a werewolf? Really?

Remus Lupin was dangerous, but his muggle side of the family didn't know that, and sometimes it was nice. Other times the guilt killed him inside.

✧༺♥༻∞

The Marauders got out of the Knight Bus, walking into the streets of Muggle London.

"Where did you say these singers were?" asked James Potter.

"My cousin wasn't very clear," Remus confessed, he and Peter leading the group for once as the other two were unfamiliar with the muggle streets. "He told me that they were a few streets away from King's Cross. They move every day, apparently, to find a different crowd."

Sirius Black sighed, "We gonna be walking for a while then? It's so damn hot out, I can hardly bear to move."

"We'll find them soon," Peter Pettigrew said nervously.

Could Sirius stop scaring him already? It was hardly his fault but would it kill him to notice his effect on people?

"We know where they won't be, so it shouldn't be too hard," Remus said. "You won't be drenched in sweat, Pads, don't worry."

James snorted. "Yeah, don't worry, you won't need to take another shower. Your hair will be just as pretty as it always is."

"You admit it!" Sirius crowed. "My hair is pretty and I'm not insane for spending hours taking care of it."

"When did I say that?" James asked, aghast. "You wouldn't hear me say that on my deathbed!"

Remus and Peter let the two teens (though, really, toddlers would be a more accurate description) bicker between themselves and tire themselves out. Remus was sure they'd come across the two buskers eventually. Even if they didn't exactly know who they were looking for.

Remus had just turned the corner with Peter when James' yell stopped him.

"Moony, Wormtail, I think Pads' body gave up on him!"