act one, scene three

Netra and Will, as Remus now knew the two buskers, were packing up their equipment and instruments when he was suddenly struck with an idea.

I should get their autographs for Callum!

Remus looked behind him to let the rest of the Marauders know what he was about to do, only to notice that Sirius wasn't amongst them. Remus turned back around and found his friend approaching the two muggle buskers with that annoying, confident swagger of his. Sighing, he jogged to catch up to Sirius. Just then, Willow left the spot after saying something to Netra but Remus decided not to question it.

"Hey! I didn't know you busked. You and your friend sounded really good!" Sirius remarked, running his hand along Netra's keyboard.

"Can you not?" she retorted, moving the keyboard away from him a little.

"Oops, I'm sorry!" Netra rolled her eyes at Sirius' almost sarcastic response.

Remus looked back and forth at the two. "You know her?" He knew that Sirius wasn't foolish enough to mess with a complete stranger.

"Yeah, who's she?" James, who had now caught up with Peter asked, slightly out of breath. "And don't leave me!" he huffed, jabbing Remus with his elbow. Remus let out a nervous chuckle and shook his head with a fond smile.

Paying no heed to James and Remus' antics, Sirius responded to their query. "She's another Gryffindor in our year. A pureblood too, I've seen her at my family's parties quite often." The rest of the Marauders looked at her in shock.

"Damn, I thought you were a Muggle. My apologies," Remus said sheepishly.

"You didn't think that Lily, Alice and Marlene are the only Gryffindor girls in our year, did you? And don't make the mistake of assuming someone's identity just by looking at them. I use muggle technology because it's actually quite brilliant, but it doesn't make me a Muggle," Netra snapped.

"Oh, it's nothing like that! No hard feelings, I agree that Muggle inventions are underrated in the wizarding world for sure," Potter replied. Willow had just returned and raised a confused eyebrow at Netra who shook her head slightly.

Breaking eye contact with Willow, Netra smiled a little. She expected no less of a blood traitor such as James Potter. But she couldn't help but worry about whether her Muggle friend had heard any of Potter's previous sentences. Shaking the thought out of her head for the time being, she listened as Remus started speaking again.

"Yes, of course!" Lupin smiled. "My cousin is a huge fan of you two," he nodded at the two of them, "and I'd love to get your autographs for him! Oh, I'm Remus Lupin and these guys are Sirius Black, James Potter and Peter Pettigrew."

"Willow Wood and Netra Mitran," Willow supplied. "We're flattered! I'd definitely be willing to give my autograph."

"I can too," Netra added. We're giving autographs now? I would never have thought our busking would take us this far.

"Wonderful! Thanks so much." Lupin handed Netra a piece of paper and a pen. She signed and handed it to Willow who also signed and gave it back to Remus.

"Muggle invention right there," Potter smirked at the pen. Netra glared at him and glanced slightly at Willow in hopes that he would get the cue that her friend was a Muggle. Potter understood and looked at her apologetically.

"Sorry, I didn't know he was a-"

"You dumbass! Just shut up already," Netra hissed. She turned to Willow and hoped he would buy the bullshit explanation she was about to give. "Muggle is a house in the school we go to. They're the house of creators," she invented wildly. "The guy who created pens went to our school, see. We take this personality test after getting accepted, and they sort us by our results."