act one, scene six

"Oi, Pads!" called a voice as Netra and Black were picking out their new Defence textbooks.

Honestly, who yells in a bookshop?

Netra and Black turned around, finding James Potter walking towards them, waving his arms obnoxiously.

Right. James Potter, that's who.

"Pads!" Potter grinned. "And... Mitran?"

"Nice to see you too, Potter," Netra said sarcastically, holding her copies of Advanced Defensive Magic and Offensive Magic: Your Greatest Defence along with her new Potions, Transfiguration and Herbology textbooks.

Potter ignored her, "Why're you with her?"

"She's not bad, y'know," Black said, looking uncomfortable.

"We're engaged as of four-ish hours ago; I didn't make Gryffindor Prefect and my parents are throwing a fit," Netra said blandly. "Black, I'll look for my other textbooks, we can plot another time."

"WHAT? YOU'RE ENGAGED?!" Potter shrieked as she walked away.

"For Merlin's sake, stop yelling in a bloody bookshop, the entire Wizarding World doesn't need to know!" Netra exclaimed, looking over her shoulder and slamming right into someone as a result, her books clattering onto the floor.

Scowling, Netra crouched down and picked up her books.

"Shit! Sorry," the person apologized, bending down to help her.

She looked at him, recognizing the person as one Remus Lupin. "It's fine," she said curtly. "It's my fault for turning so abruptly, anyway."

Am I crashing a Marauders reunion or something? We just need Pettigrew, now.

✧༺♥༻∞

An hour later found Netra sitting at Florean Fortescue's ice cream parlour with the Marauders, her school supplies in the same handbag she had used to transport her keyboard. Apparently the Marauders had, in fact, planned to meet today. Sirius finding out about their engagement—and subsequently telling Netra—was just an unfortunate coincidence, leading to the five of them having a plotting session with some ice cream.

"Hi, Mr Fortescue!" Netra exclaimed happily, having been to this particular store long enough to know him. It helped that his daughter, Pandora Fortescue, was a close-ish friend of hers.

"Ah, Netra, it's nice to see you here again," Mr Fortescue smiled. "Two scoops of Chocolate Hazelnut in a waffle cone?" he asked, naming Netra's regular order.

"Yep," Netra nodded. "I'll also be getting two Butterbeers—both also in waffle cones—Earl Grey with Lavender in a glass, and a Hot Fudge Sundae."

"For the lads with you?"

"Mhm."

"Right, that'll be one galleon and ten sickles. I'll bring it over to you."

Netra nodded, handing over the money that the Marauders had given her to cover their order.

"Honestly, sending the girl to pay..." she could hear him mumble as she walked back to their table. "Is chivalry not a Gryffindor trait?"

She stifled a laugh as she took her seat between Potter and Black.

"What?" Black asked.