03. a swim

[conrad and adelaide debutante]

KITCHEN AND POOL

ADELAIDE JUST WALKED IN THE kitchen with jeremiah blending something. "ew what is that? that looks like some healthy shit." adelaide commented.

"shut up. it's a hangover smoothie." jere said. "here you mind giving this to him?" jere asked adelaide and she nodded.

adelaide walked over. "here." adelaide held out. "thank you." he said.

conrad sat up, and addy sat next to him on his left. belly walks in standing next to her mom. then susannah walks in making an announcement.

"belly is gonna be a debutante." susannah annouced. susannah went to hug belly. "it's really not thet big of a deal."

"i'm sorry? like belly? like, my sister? like, that thing right there." steven questioned. "shut up, cretin." belly fired back.

"okay this is gonna be so much fun. just you wait. there is, uh there's the tea, the auction the ball, of course the rehearsal. i got to write this down. we need to go shopping." susannah listed.

"that sounds expensive." laurel said. "oh don't worry, laur. it's on me. it was my idea after all, and we still need to style you for your book party so." susannah assured.

"belly are you sure you want to do this? it doesn't seem very you." laurel asked.

"it's isn't, like at all. have you seen her?" adelaide pitched in.

"it's not." conrad added. "conrad, adelaide, could you two be a little supportive?" susannah asked.

adelaide rolled her eyes. "now which one of you is gonna be belly's escort to the ball?" beck asked. "not me, i went last year." conrad shook his head taking a sip of the drink.

conrad didn't want to go again. he went with adelaide already.

"yeah and i swore off balls." jere added. steven laughed.

"wow guys. stop fighting over me. um, i'm not going with either of you. i am going to find my own date."

"i'm leaving." adelaide told conrad. "where you going?" conrad asked.