15. do me dirty

hearing the words "we kissed" was the biggest heartbreak adelaide ever heard. she was about to enter jeremiah's room to hang out with him but she saw belly as well.

she was previously in the kitchen finding a snack to eat, but found nothing good.

"you kissed my brother?" jere asked. "i'm sorry. i didn't think that, you know, like, he — i mean, we wanted to tell you right away, so."

"you're already a we? and what do you mean me? what about adelaide? you ruined that with them belly." jere stated. "no, no, no. i- i just didn't, i didn't want it to be weird."

"well yeah belly it is weird, ok?" jeremiah stood up. "no, jere, please. i mean-"

"no. no, you know what, actually it's cool. it's cool i get it. you know, i was just the distraction to keep you busy while you waited for conrad. you watch adelaide and conrad together yet you want to ruin that. she's been nothing but nice but once you tried stepping all over her she was rude and that's not my fault. i'm glad it finally happened for you belly. it's great timing. it's not like my mom has cancer or anything."

"jere, i didn't want to hurt you. you're one of my best friends." belly convinced. "no! no, you don't, you don't get to call me that."

"you don't mean that." belly denied. "i do. now, can you please get out." adelaide moved to the hallway without belly seeing her.

after seeing belly leave adelaide walked in jere's room. "you heard?" jere asked and she nodded. "c'mere." jeremiah motioned. she sat on the bed and he started hugging her leaning on the headboard. adelaide's head rested on jere's chest.

"imagine you find your boyfriend giving an excuse he was grieving and decided to cheat." adelaide mumbled piecing the events together. "i know, i know. conrad is so fucked up i'm sorry addy."

adelaide started sobbing in jeremiah's chest. "i- i knew belly had a thing but i trusted him. i trusted both of them. they broke my trust. i was there for him and it wasn't enough jere, he just needed belly. he did me dirty."

adelaide looked up at jere. he looks at her wiping adelaide's tears. "it'll be ok addy, we'll be ok. you know i'm always here." she nodded.

jeremiah's hand on adelaide's head as she laid back on his chest, he kissed her head.

steven's graduation party. to which jeremiah, conrad nor adelaide came to because of belly. then the two conklin siblings started arguing.

"why are you being such a buzzkill right now?" steven asked. belly wanted to leave but he was having fun at his grad party.

"oh, i'm sorry, am i ruining your fun night, mr. perfect valedictorian?" belly asked. "kinda, yeah."

"ok, well, in case you forgot, which it clearly seems like you did, susannah just died, so i'm a little bit sad. but please, don't let that stop you from having the time of your life."

"fuck you. you know, i lost susannah, too. ok? you don't think i'm sad about that?" steven argued. "oh, what, were you crowd surfing the pain away? my apologies."

"no, you should apologize. you screwed up, and now everything is weird with conrad, adelaide and jeremiah. i mean, they won't even text me back anymore because of you."

"that is not my fault." belly yelled. "isn't it?! hm? i should be celebrating with them tonight, but they wouldn't come because you made things messy. you had jeremiah, and it just wasn't enough. you had to have conrad too. god you are so fucking selfish. imagine how adelaide is feeling, you just took him."

"i had to have conrad? are you kidding? i was in love steven. like out of my mind in love. what was i suppose to do?!"

"you should have respected adelaide and conrad at the very least. you broke them apart belly. you been bitchy to adelaide because the two were together. you ruined everything all because of a crush. if you knew they were together you shouldn't have intervened. because of you they barely talk to me. all of us used to go out and party and i miss them."