13. finding out

[what happened?]

[what happened?]

DEBUTANTE

"EVERYTHING IS GONNA BE different next year. conrad's going off to college." susannah started.

"it may be the last summer we're all together." she added, when laurel's face drop. cause it was true.

it could possibly be there last summer together. "just don't forget i get a dance from you tonight." jere said to his mother.

susannah slightly lose her balance, but then they head inside. conrad was on one side of susannah. and adelaide was on the other side of her.

she is wearing the dress her mom said to wear in the letter. it is a emerald green set. the top was long sleeve and in the middle was twisted. the top revealing her chest.

there was a matching skirt which was pretty long.

her hair was left down, but was curled. and she was wearing black heels. adelaide also had some silver hoops on.

her makeup was fancy. having on some glitter eyeshadow. along with highlighter, eyeliner and lip gloss. more than she usually puts on.

 more than she usually puts on

DANCE FLOOR

JERE GOES TO CONRAD AFTER the dance finished. conrad was standing with adelaide, arm wrapped around her waist. "conrad we need to talk, all right? it's important. it's about mom. i found something out."

"um yeah. we'll talk about this later okay?" conrad said. "no it's important."

"it's okay." con putting his hand on his brother's chest. jere turns into shock. "you already know don't you."

"conrad knows?" laurel questioned with cleveland at the table.

"you've known this whole fucking time and didn't tell me?" jere furiously told conrad. "jere."

jere punched conrad and there were gasps in the room. and they started fighting. adelaide tried breaking it up. but it was no use.

she moved out not wanting to get hurt. laurel got up from her seat.

susannah walked over as well. "stop it! both of you, stop it!" she said.

the two brothers stopped, addy helping conrad up. "what is going on?" susannah demanded.

"mom." jere started, tears in his eyes. "we know mom. we both know." conrad finished.

"know what?" belly asked as she was the only one confused.

belly was in her room crying with laurel trying to comfort her. and steven came in. as laurel hugged her kids.