14. till the end

['were in this together']

KITCHEN

ADELAIDE WAS PACING WHILE susannah and her kids was in the living room talking. which she didn't know. the conklin's are in bed.

adelaide by herself. she went to grab some wine pouring it in a glass chugging it.

she is at the counter standing. her arms on the countertop, her hands in her head.

while in the living room susannah talking to her boys. "i'm so sorry the night turned out like this. it's not how i wanted you to find out."

"mom you're gonna do the trial right?" jere asked. "uh no honey. i'm not. i can't. chances are very slight. uh nonexistent really, and. i just can't go through that again. it was too hard the first time."

"mom but you could try. you have to try." jere said. "i just want to be me when i go. does that make sense?"

"no. no it doesn't make sense. none of this make sense." jere denied. "i know i know. i'm not good at this. okay." susannah said.

"mommy's not good at this." tears formed in her eyes. "i should've known that you knew. did adelaide tell you? i knew she knew. i suspected it."

conrad shook his head. "no. i found out and i told her. she also knew from lily."

"adelaide knows?" jere questioned. and the two nodded. "she knew and didn't say anything?" jere asked furiously.

"don't blame adelaide. she's been going through some hard stuff with lily and axel. she keeps her emotions at bay." susannah said.

"mom if there's any chance, you have to. i mean, you have to." jere trying to convince his mom. "come on, tell her conrad. why aren't you saying anything?"

as conrad's eyes were red. "mom this is crazy. you have to try. you can't give up on us." jere said.

"mom? can't you just. i mean can't you just try? for us mom? i need you." conrad said.

"come here." susannah said. as she hugged both her boys.

ADELAIDE'S ROOM

CONRAD FOUND ADELAIDE in her room. she was standing in front of her nightstand. after she drank she went in her room.

she was staring at the picture of lily and adelaide dancing. exactly one year ago.

adelaide heard a noise and turned around. "hey addy." he said. "hey con. is she gonna do the trial?"

"were not sure." he said, adelaide putting the frame down. she went over to conrad hugging him.

"i'm sorry. i wish i could help you but i can't." adelaide said. "just be there for me?" conrad asked. "of course i will."

conrad was there for her mom's death. adelaide was gonna be by conrad's side.

BEACH

EVERYONE HAD DINNER. after that adelaide and conrad went to the beach. still both of them in their dress and tux.

"i can't believe she said yes." conrad said. susannah said yes to the trial.

"well you and jere changed her mind." adelaide said.

"there's so many things i want to say to you." conrad mentioned standing up. addy did as well.

"so what now?" adelaide asked.

"we keep moving on with our lives. i'm starting my first year of college. your finishing your second year of college. we just need each other, and we'll be fine." conrad assured.

"you know i will be there for you for susannah. i have been here for you. i'll go where you go." conrad then pushed her hair back starring at her.

and he out his hand by her ear. leaning to kiss. adelaide was very tall than most girls. so conrad didn't have to lean down. cause she is 5'11.

conrad is about 6'2. they shared their kiss at the beach. they split apart. their faces are close to each other. both of them slightly smiling.

and they both leaned in kissing again. conrad cupping her face with both hands as he smiled in the kiss. adelaide puts her arm around conrad's shoulder leaning him more towards her.

"were in this together." he whispered against her lips. "were in this together." adelaide repeated.