Prologue

Song. Whispers by Halsey

Avani stared around her, unfamiliar faces stared at her

Avani stared around her, unfamiliar faces stared at her . clad in red lehenga with royal jewelry she walked around the airport to catch her flight to mumbai. Right before she reached the gates for her fight she called meher,
“Hello? Avani?” her uncertain voice rang through her ears.

“I am coming back to Mumbai,” Avani said robotically.

“Wa-?” Avani hung up. The whole journey back to Mumbai was a blur , she wasn't sure how she boarded the flight or how she got out of it. Her world has just crumbled apart and she just needed a moment to feel weak and vulnerable before rebuilding it all. For months she trusted him, and fell for him just to know that it was all a lie in the end,a lie he told to protect her but a lie nonetheless. He lied and the very core of their relationship was a lie , how was she going to build her whole world on  that. She lost her best friend and her fiance a day before her wedding , how was she supposed to deal with all of it?

Life had Always been hard on her but every time things got hard and she fell she bounced right back and came back stronger than ever. But this time she just didn't want to get up and fight. Her grief was just so much , she wasn't sure what to do with so much grief and how to deal with it all.

She was lost in her own mind.

She didn't knew how she reached Meher's place or when she broke down in front of her. Mad passed out on her couch.

"Tell me what's wrong Avani , talk to me ." Meher softly said as Avani woke up .

Avani stared at Meher for a minute and a year slipped out of her eye.

"He's gone. " She finally whispered.

"Who?" Meher asked confused.

"Arjun" Avani said  her eyes lost and empty.

"Where?" Meher asked still now getting anything that Avani was saying.

"He …. Before our wedding….h…he….
He … accident and he was gone" Avani stuttered.

Her words were a mess.
All Meher got was before wedding accident.

And she gasped.

"Wh.-! No!!" She said not believing it.
She felt like someone just stabbed her heart with a knife and twisted it.

"That …Can't be  kabir said he was safe" Meher mumbled not believing the recent revealation.

"He lied ." Avani said, staring at empty space.

A sob wrecked through Meher .

This wasn't something she ever imagined. The truth was something she just didn't want to believe in.

She hugged Avani tightly wanting to provide her with comfort and to let her know she was here.

Avani couldn't hold the sob in anymore and brokedown again. An agonizing scream left her lips. Her heart was shattered and broken .