2

»What tweet?« Noah asks. Everyone suddenly turns to look at Maya, Sadie and me.

»Just-« I sigh. »Forget about it. It's nothing.«

Gaten and Noah grabbed their phones and I felt the embarrassment rising. My cheeks turned bright red and I wished there would be big black hole in the floor, sucking me in it so I'd disappear.

»Guys, stop it.« Maya next to me is clearly amused.

»Yeah, don't embarrass her even more.« Sadie joins in, patting me on the shoulder.

I grabbed my phone from my bag and opened Twitter. Once I found the tweet I deleted it, causing Maya to laugh her ass off next to me.

»You guys really made her delete it.« Maya chuckles.

»No, Maya, you did.« I glare at her. »You started this.« I look her dead in the eyes.

»I'm sorry, okay?« She looks back at me, trying to hold a straight mimic. »I was just joking.«

Maya put her arm over my shoulders and pulled me towards her, hugging me tightly. I couldn't stay serious anymore and laughed while hugging her back. Everyone at the table was confused since they apparently haven't seen the tweet. Thank god.

The food was amazing, we had great conversations and I got to know both Jamie and Joseph better. Both of them were very kind and friendly. They had the same sense of humor as the rest of us and they definitely were a great new addition to our group.

A few hours later and the first people left, Natalia and Charlie. Soon after Caleb, Finn and Gaten left as well. Eventually the only ones left were Maya, Sadie, Joseph, Jamie and me.

»I gotta go soon.« Sadie tells us. »I have this interview.« She sighs.

»I wanted to leave in a bit as well.« Jamie speaks. »I could drive you there, if you'd like?« He looks at Sadie, a smile on his face.

»Yeah, okay.« She says after finishing her drink.

»It was so nice to see you again, Lexi.« Sadie hugs me. »Text me, maybe we can hang out again sometime this week.«

»I will.« I smile at her and turn towards Jamie. »It was nice to meet you.« I say.

»It was nice to meet you as well.« He pulls me into a hug. »Until next time.«

Sadie and Jamie left the restaurant, leaving Maya, Joseph and me alone. I got a little nervous now and sipped on my Mojito. Joseph got up and walked towards Maya and me. He sat down across from us, since he was sitting quite far away from us before.

»So, about the tweet...« Maya looks at Joe.

»Maya, goddamn!« I look at her, my eyebrows furrowed.

Maya and Joe looked at each other, grins on their faces. I sighed and finished my drink before grabbing my bag. The two looked at me as I put my phone into my bag.

»Okay, okay.« Hawke put her hand on mine. »Let's have another drink.« She looks at me with puppy eyes.

I sighed and rolled my eyes at her. She loved to embarrass me and sometimes she didn't know when to stop.

»One more.« I say. »If you shut up now.«

»I'll shut my mouth.« Maya says and turns to look at Joe again. »Do you want another drink as well?«

»Yeah, please.« He looks amused.

Maya got up and headed towards the bar. My hands started sweating slightly and I couldn't look at Joe. He was just too handsome. I eventually looked up at him when he talked to me.

»What's this all about?« He chuckles.

»I tweeted something when I was drunk.« I tell him as I scratch my eyebrow.

»Oh, I see.« He grins at me.

•••

We ended up drinking more than we intended and now Maya and me were a bit tipsy. I felt a lot more confident and I was able to look at Joe for longer than two seconds without melting.

»Damn, Joe can you drive?« Maya asks.

»Uhm, yeah?« He raises an eyebrow at her.

Maya searched her bag for the keys of her car, before throwing them towards Joseph. He looked at the keys in front of him and back at Hawke.

»Could you drive us home?« She looks at him with her best puppy eyes.

Joe chuckled and shook his head before looking at me and then back at Maya again.

•••

Joe drove me home and then Maya. By now it was almost 7pm already. I walked into my loft and locked the door behind me. As hard as I tried to walk a straight line, I wasn't able to. Sighing I headed into my bedroom and let myself fall onto my beloved bed. I threw off my shoes and grabbed my phone from my bag. With an unnecessarily big smile on my face I searched for Joe's and Jamie's Instagram profiles. I pressed follow on both their accounts before getting up again. My head was starting to hurt a little so I walked into the bathroom and looked for some painkillers. I swallowed them with the sink water and started removing my make up.

After changing into my bathrobe I went into my kitchen. As I walked past the big window in the living room I saw that it had started to rain. The sound of raindrops hitting the windowpane was very calming. I made myself some pancakes, since I didn't wanna cook anything special yet I was hungry.

Once I had eaten up I washed the dishes and headed into my bedroom again. Although it was 7:45pm only I was getting tired already. I changed into some pj's and laid down on my bed. After snuggling up into my blanket I grabbed my phone once again, and saw that both the guys followed me back. Also, I had some unread messages.

Stranger People (+ Alexis) 👽

Joe K
I added Joseph and Jamie into
the chat.

Gaten
What took you so long?

Joe K
What do you mean?
You could've added them
as well

Gaten
No
You are the admin

Joe K
Oh

Millie
Wow, you two really are
like Steve and Dustin

Sadie🧡
#bromance🥹

Alexis
Gof
Hod
God**
Sorry I'm drubk

Maya🐣
No waaaya
Me too

Natalia
Did you guys get home safely???

Joseph🤭
I drove them home.

Sadie🧡
You two 🙄
Thanks for taking care Joe

Joseph🤭
Oh, of course.

Noah
I still wanna know what
you guys were talking
about earlier

Gaten
Yeah
Me too

Alexis
Can we jsut forget
about it please

Noah
fine