23

My heart was pounding hard in my chest, sweat formed on my forehead. Tears covered my sight, my breathing was fast and uncontrollably. I sat up on the bed and looked around in panic.

»Lex, hey.« Joseph puts his hand on my shoulder. »Baby, it's okay. He's not here, but I am. It's just us.«

I turned my head to look at Joe. He was sitting next to me, a worried expression on his face as he rubbed my back gently. I calmed down when I finally realized that I just had a nightmare. Joseph pulled me close to him, wrapped his arms around me tightly. I closed my eyes as I hugged the older one back. In his embrace I immediately felt safe again.

»I- he was standing here.« I whisper against his chest. »In front of the bed. He was watching us sleep.«

»It was just a dream.« Joseph reassures me.

»But it felt so real.« I murmur.

»I know.« He hugs me tighter.

When suddenly my phone rang I winced and held on to Joseph. I was scared to look at the screen, scared to read his name on there. Joe reached for my phone while still holding me.

»Hello?« He picks up. »Oh- one second please.«

I looked up at Joseph who put on the speaker on the phone so I could listen as well.

»Okay, she's listening now as well.« He continues.

»I'm very sorry for calling you this late but I have good news for you ma'am.« It's the female officer from earlier. »The officers guarding your apartment complex saw how mister Owens tried to get into the building. They took him to the police station and since he already committed some other crimes we were able to put him into custody.«

»That's - That's amazing.« I feel relieved. »Thank you officer.«

»You're welcome, ma'am.« She says. »Again, I'm sorry for calling you at this time.«

»No worries.« I say. »At least I'll be able to sleep now.«

•••

I woke up in Joseph's arms. His calm and steady breathing told me he was still asleep. I closed my eyes again and snuggled up to him even closer. It made him wake up, which wasn't my intention.

»Good morning, love.« His morning voice was like music to my ears.

»Good morning, pretty boy.« I place a soft kiss on his cheek. »I didn't wanna wake you up, sorry.«

»It's okay, babe.« He reassures me. »How did you sleep?«

»After the call, I slept like a baby.« I giggle.

»I'm happy to hear that.« Joseph flashes me a beautiful smile.

»Well, and you holding me close to you the whole night was another reason for that.« I tell him.

»Come here.« Joe pulls me on top of him.

He cupped my face with his hands and pulled me towards him. I moved my hands to his collarbones and leaned in until our lips finally met. Joseph was so gentle with me, like I was a fragile vase or something. I appreciated it, especially now after what happened with Carter.

»I love you.« I whisper against his lips, my eyes closed. Our foreheads are touching and I feel his hot breath on my lips.

»I love you too.« He whispers back, making me smile from one ear to the other.

•••

We took a shower and were standing in front of the bathroom mirror, brushing our teeth. Joseph suggested to go out for breakfast and so we were getting ready now. Joe got dressed while I put on some mascara. Once I got dressed as well we grabbed our stuff and headed towards his car. Joseph drove us to his favorite restaurant while I did carpool karaoke. He looked at me amused whenever I struggled with hitting a higher note.

Joseph parked his car a few minutes away from the restaurant so we could go for a little walk before. He grabbed my hand and wouldn't let go of it until he opened the door of the restaurant for me.

We finished eating and, to my surprise, Joe let me pay this time without a lot of discussion

We finished eating and, to my surprise, Joe let me pay this time without a lot of discussion. I gave the waiter a generous tip, since both the food and the service were great.

Hand in hand we walked back to Joe's car. He drove us to my place again, where we'd spend the next few days at together. I was looking forward to spending more time with him again.

alexisw pretty boy ❤️

liked by josephquinn, sadiesink_, noahschnapp, maya_hawke, carabanana, gatenm123 and 2.149,026 others

user YES YES YES YES
user you look so cute together 😭
user I still wanna know what was going on with them and that Carter guy
maya_hawke PRETTIEST COUPLE
> alexisw ❤️❤️❤️
user so you're official now?
josephquinn ❤️
> (liked by alexisw)
user I wish you guys all the best 🙏🏻

user YES YES YES YESuser you look so cute together 😭user I still wanna know what was going on with them and that Carter guymaya_hawke PRETTIEST COUPLE > alexisw ❤️❤️❤️user so you're official now?josephquinn ❤️> (liked by alexisw)user I wish you g...

josephquinn she's a little bit weird sometimes

liked by alexisw, therealcalebmclaughlin, finnwolfhardofficial, maya_hawke
and 7.846,294 others

maya_hawke sometimes?? she always is
> (liked by josephquinn)
> alexisw i don't know what you're talking about
user she's really pretty
user Is she your girlfriend????
user that should've been me 😪
therealcalebmclaughlin as weird as you are
> (liked by josephquinn and alexisw)
user WHERE'S THE JUMPER FROM??