10

»You're okay?« Sadie asks as I walk back to her and Maya. »You look like you've seen a ghost.«

»Yeah, no.«. I shake my head. »I'm fine. I think I should stop drinking now, tho.«

»C'mon, lets get some nonalcoholic drinks.« Maya laughs and pulls me with her.

We headed over to the bar, where Joe, Jamie, Keery and Charlie were sitting at. I tried not to stare at Joseph, although it was very hard since he looked so handsome tonight. Well, he always did, but tonight especially.

Maya and I ordered our drinks and went back to Sadie. I felt Joe's eyes on me as we walked back but I didn't turn around.

»Have you seen how Joseph just looked at her?« Sadie looks at Maya.

»Of course I have.« She chuckles. »One of them has to make the first move.«

»Guys, you know I'm still here, right?« I draw their attention to me. »Can we just have fun and not think about this right now?«

»You are the one who won't get him out of your head.« Maya looks at me.

»I know.« I sigh. »But I just wanna enjoy this party and pretend like I don't have a massive crush on him.« I scratch the back of my head.

»Fine.« Sadie smiles at me.

•••

I was laying in my bed. It was really late already, the room was pitch black. I rolled from side to side, trying to fall asleep. Without any success. My thoughts prevented me from falling asleep. I couldn't stop thinking about how Joe almost kissed me. How his breath was hitting my lips and how good he smelled.

When I said goodbye to him, he was the one who kissed my cheek this time. That spot tingled ever since and I traced my fingers over it every now and then. I felt like a teenager again. Joseph made me feel like a teenager.

After what felt like an eternity I eventually drifted off into the land of dreams. Usually I remembered my dreams, but this time I did. It was beautiful. Joe and I were having a picnic on the beach. We watched the sunset and talked the whole night.

private chat
Joseph🤭 + Alexis

Alexis
Good Morning pretty boy
What are you doing later today?

Joseph🤭
Good Morning love
I wanted to ask you the same

Alexis
I'll pick you up at around 4 pm

Joseph🤭
What are we doing?

Alexis
I'm not telling you
You'll see

•••

I got out of bed, showered, brushed my teeth and quickly ate breakfast before I went to buy groceries. After I put away everything I bought I looked for a cute outfit to wear later. I tried on different clothes until I decided on a cute vintage-like white dress. It wasn't too short or too long. I matched it with some pastel blue heels and a bag in the same color.

•••

Noon came and I started packing the bag. I put all the fruit, bread and wine in there as well as some other snacks and a big blanket. Once I was done packing I got dressed and put on some light make up. Basically just some mascara and concealer.

I went into the underground car park and put everything into my car before I drove off. The drive to Joe's house wasn't very long but the closer I got there the more nervous I became.