Chapter Seven: Milfs And Parking Lot Fights.

When Elijah woke up the following morning, she was left with a cold and empty bed, along with the clothes that Billy wore the previous night, folded and placed on her chair.

Billy had just left. Snuck out through the window where he crashed through the day before, no note, no nothing.

Gone, like he wasn't even there.

But perhaps it was better that way. Situations are dealt with best when people pretend they don't exist.

So she quickly gets up and throws on a sweater, making her way to the car to take Billy and Max to school. Thankfully it was Friday, which meant she had a whole weekend of not waking up at five o'clock in the morning.

When she stops in front of the house, she's surprised to see that it's only Billy waiting for her.

“Where's Max?” She inquires, Billy getting in on the passengers side.

“She has a fever or something. Told her mom she isn't feeling well, so she's staying at home.” Elijah wonders if Billy is feeling uncomfortable, with what happened the previous night.

The pair doesn't say much during their ride to school.

“How are you feeling? You left this morning.” Elijah remarks, feeling a subtle sense of sadness that he just disappeared.

“I'm okay. I've been worse...” He trails off, ignoring the second part of the sentence for a moment. “I'm sorry I just left. I needed clean clothes and I didn't want to wake you.” He adds softly.

Once again, Elijah get to experience the part of him where he's gentle, vulnerable, considerate. Even though it's a whole different look for him, it's a nice change of scenery.

“I don't know what's going on in your life Billy, and I don't expect you to tell me. But I want you to know, if you'd ever want to talk about something, even if you just need an escape, my door—or rather, my window, will always be open for you.”

Billy doesn't answer. He just stares straight ahead, his fingers fumbling in his lap.

“No.”

“What do you mean no?” Elijah enters the school parking lot, Billy getting ready to open the door and sprint.

So she locks it, leaving him trapped in the car.

“What do you mean no?” She presses again.

“I mean no, Elijah! I can't do this!” He says, trying to open the car, realizing that's she's locked him inside. “Open this car Elijah.”

His voice is gruff, and if it wasn't for the situation, Elijah would've found it attractive.

But it's chilling, a cold feeling traveling down her spine.

“Can't do what?” She yells, not understanding where this is coming from.

“I can't make this a usual thing! I can't expect that of you, to always be there when I need help because I can't solve it my fucking self! I can't expect you to listen to my problems, and look at me like a normal human afterwards! I won't do that, I refuse.”

“Well tough luck buddy, because whether you like it or not, you're stuck with me! And just so you know, our problems are what make us human. If you don't want to talk about it, fine! Then don't talk about it! But don't you ever assume I would treat you differently, when you know dead in your heart I would never do that. I opened my doors for you, more than that I can't do. I'll always listen if you have problems, but I'm not going to sit here while you throw tantrums about things you aren't even sure about!” She yells back, Billy staring at her, coldly, without any emotion at all.