Chapter Fourteen: Movies And Slushie Fiascos.

“Drive faster.” He urges, Elijah staring at him in disbelief, shaking her head as she catches a glimpse of him in her peripheral view.

“But I'm already above the speedlimit?” She counters, Billy playfully rolling his eyes at her comment.

“Yeah, by like two miles. At this rate we're going to arrive at the movies at midnight.”

“What? Like you can do it any better?” Elijah asks rhetorically, rolling her eyes at the man in the passengers seat, who's only sporting a smirk, and a grin made for chaos.

——————————————————
A few minutes later
———

Elijah completely takes it back. Billy drives like a maniac, speeding down the streets, acting like he's racing against a Porsche.

“Slow down!” She complains, a deviant smile spreading over his lips. He pulls the gears into fourth, accelerating the car down the road even more, Elijah gripping onto any surface she can find to compose her body, her heart beating against her ribs.

Don't get her wrong, Elijah loves the thrill of a fast car. But Billy drives insanely meteoric, she doesn't even want to know what it's like to drive with him in his Mustang, with a V8.

And now it explains how his ignition cable got burnt out so swiftly.

“You see? This, this is driving!” He exclaims, the wind blowing through his hair.

Besides for the dangerous situation, Elijah can't help but take a moment to study his features—the blissful thrill in his eyes as he focuses on the road, his smile that streches from ear to ear, the genuine happiness painted on his face. Billy looks content here, and oh, what a sight to see.

She's snapped from the trance when the tires squeal against the ground, Elijah looking up. She finally notices that they arrived at the movie theater in one piece, a thankful sigh escaping her lips.

“That wasn't so bad, now was it?” He mocks, Elijah's eyes widening to his statement, a moment of disbelief passing through her.

“You can not be serious.”

“What?” He mutters, downplaying his driving skills, or, the lack thereof.

“You drive like a maniac. I feared for my life driving with you.” She mutters, exiting the car with trembling legs.

“If you think that's bad, you should let Max drive you.”

“Absolutely not. Steve told me all about his ludicrous experiment, I can assure you that neither one of you will ever drive me again.” She huffs, Billy heartily laughing at her ridiculous statement, knowing full well that he's driving home. Whether she likes it or not.

“We'll see about that.” His words taunt her very insides. It's a struggle—Billy gets to be gleeful whilst Elijah clings to any surface she could manage to escape a narrowing death. But like she managed to make clear: Billy is happy driving. So she knows she'll let him, even if her life is at stake.

She's pathetic.

“You drive slow, and you walk slow. Can you go any faster?” He lambastes with a hurried tone, Elijah rolling her eyes.

“Can you stop chastising my every move? I'm sorry not everyone has a built-in turbo.” She maffles almost incoherently, Billy taking her hand in his and pulling her with him.