Chapter Twelve: Litigations And Content Conversions.

Elijah feels at peace again.

The last week has been an absolute breakthrough for her. She decided how she was going to confront Billy, and how she was going to settle this unpleasant atmosphere between them.

All thanks to Eddie, of course.

After he had spent the night, Elijah woke up on his chest, Eddie laying soundlessly beneath her, his dulcet snores bringing a peace within her. She was at a point in her life where she realized that Eddie wasn't ever meant to be someone she falls in love with. Rather, Eddie was a breath of fresh air. A friend she could talk to no matter what, who'd always be there for her, who always cared about her best interests.

And the same went for Eddie with Elijah.

He didn't stay too long after, but the talk with Steve after he left was anything but pleasant.

“Is he your boyfriend now? I think it's great—”

“He's not my boyfriend, Steve. We're just friends.” Elijah had countered, doing the dishes while Steve made them lunch.

“Well, it sure looked like it. I'm pretty sure friendly bro pals don't sleep together on the couch.”

“Correction, we fell asleep on the couch, together—”

“Lord. You know what I meant. I think it's great if you are dating, Leah. I trust Eddie with my life, he's a good guy. You deserve to be happy, and if Eddie is the one who does it for you, then I'm all in.” Even though Elijah appreciated Steve's supportive nature, it was far from what he was assuming.

“Steve, I promise, Eddie is just a friend. It's not like that at all.” She pauses for a quick second, turning to Steve and looking at him as he scrambles some eggs. “You know I love you, right?”

He stops in his tracks, looking up at her.

“Of course. Where is this coming from?”

“I don't know. I just feel like I don't say it enough, and I feel like you deserve to hear it. You're a good brother.” She releases the plates back into the water, walking over to Steve and pulling him into a tight hug.

Steve just stops for a second, bewildered by the amount of love his sister is showing him, but soothes into it and wraps his hands around her.

“I just want you to be happy. I know you haven't been your best self the last while, and while I'm not sure what happened, I'm glad your okay. You look happier, and that's all I want for you. Like I said Leah, you deserve happiness.” She hugs him tighter, a sweet moment shared between the siblings.

“Thank you.”

After that conversation, Steve didn't mention Eddie again, even though he came to visit a few times after school. They did homework together and talked, just catching up on the time that went lost due to them breaking communication. Elijah learned a lot about Eddie. He's mastered playing guitar now, he's still selling drugs and he's still the adorable metalhead goofball he's always been.

Hellfire is doing great now. Lucas stopped playing basketball and went back to playing Dungeons and Dragons, and after the fight Mike and Will had, Will agreed to join as well. So he's got a happy crew of children.

No wonder him and Steve get along so well.

The weekend passed and Elijah and Nancy also made up. They went shopping, or well, Nancy did more of the shopping, Elijah just dragged along with a smoothie in hand and listened to Nancy chirping about Steve. But she didn't mind.