chapter 6: let's burn, it's fun.

It’s been a long week, a really long tiring as shit week but also my best week in a very very very long time. I don't know why I love my new workplace so much, but I just know that I do. And the people are actually half decent and being half decent in my dictionary is a lot because humans by default are shit. London compared to Boston is like Pepperoni Pizza compared to Hawaiian Pizza. Compare it.
It's the end of the week now, meaning weekend. As much I like my job, I prefer the times I don't have to do that job.
I haven’t seen Daisy or the guys much this week. But that’s about to change as I arrive home and meet them. They seem to be planning to go out judging from their outfit.
Daisy and friends party a lot. This is the second time since I've arrived that they have attended some party. It has also come to my attention that Jeremy is a frat president. Not to be the judgmental person but of all persons in the school, he's the one given the title to oversee a fraternity club. And if he heads a frat house, why does he stay here all the time?
“Hey guys”, I say closing the door. They all turn.
Daisy smiles, “there’s my honey bum sugar plum”
I smile at her feeling warm at the sudden words of endearment. Are those even words of endearment or am I just affection starved?
Instinctively, I turn to see him staring at me causing me to look away immediately.
“We’re going to a party and you are coming with us”
No, nope.
“Sorry, but I’ll have to sit this one out”
I don’t necessarily hate parties but I don’t like it either. It's just not my type of scene. And besides, nothing wonderful comes out of it when I'm involved.
“Yes, mate yes you are. And you’re about to get laid by some insanely hot person”
I roll my eyes. Youths of these days and sex. Sometimes I sound like a booger and a bigot or a redneck, which is quite ironic because I wasn’t even religious or even affiliated with any organized community.
“Whatever, still no, have fun”
Daisy and Cam turn to face other smiling creepily before nodding at each other and turning to face me.
Uh no.
    So here I am, seated in the back seat of Jeremy’s stupid car going to a party against my will. Cam and Daisy basically dragged me on gunpoint to get changed. I could have resisted more but decided not to because a small part of me wanted to go. I'm still upset though. I don't like when I'm forced to do things. Thinking of all the gross hormonal college kids I'm about to encounter, the scowl on my face all but deepens.
   I catch Jeremy's eyes in the mirror and he's giving me a full on hate glare. Ok, what is up with this man? What did I ever do to him? And can he focus on the road before he crashes us? Another thing that's bothering me is that Lucas has been staring at me all night. And although it's not hateful, it's utterly annoying. What is up with everyone in Daisy's live? I'm not sure I can stand living with her for months.
“What are you thinking about bestie?” Daisy asks from my right drawing me out of my thoughts. Cam sat on my left typing and smiling at her phone. I could already guess who she was texting with without her saying a thing.
“Nothing”
Lie.
“Oh, dude everyone is going to be all over you tonight. And when they discover that you’re 21 years old with multiple degrees, they will be practically worshipping at your feet. For real, I’m going to introduce you to everyone”, Daisy says with so much enthusiasm for a moment I think she is talking about meeting her favorite celebrity or something. And I highly doubt anyone would be impressed enough to worship at my feet because I'm in my baby twenties and a PhD holder.
I know Daisy means well, but hearing her say that makes me want to run the other way. I really don’t want this. I still manage to smile at her though because smiling is easy. It doesn't even matter if it's real or not, it's still easy. I just have to move some muscles.  
  Before I know it, we arrive at the venue and the party is already in full swing. It’s a typical college party.

Alcohol.

Girls.

Boys.

People.

Kissing.

Alcohol.

Grinding.

Alcohol.