Chapter 21

A/N: Maldeena Nightblood.^ (Wow, she's been around since ITS, and only now we can see her?! Yeesh!)

Viviana followed Ilsadora at a sprint, with Jeanette, Santiago, and Alistaire running behind them.

The enchantress could move fast when she wanted to.

"Where exactly are we going for this escape plan?" Viviana asked as they started descending a long spiraling staircase. "And if you were exiled, can you still go back to Nazeen?"

Ilsadora held up a finger. "We are going to ask very nicely for transportation, because I can't teleport anyone, and poor Alistaire certainly can't either. And then, you are going to break the exile spell."

Viviana nearly tripped on the staircase.

"Me?!"

Ilsadora's eyes flicked at the people behind them and she lowered her voice.

"Yes you! Unless you see any other illegal chaos witches hiding in plain sight."

This time Viviana did trip on the stairs. Ilsadora grabbed her arm and steadied her.

"You know." Viviana gasped.

Ilsadora nodded, continuing to pull Viviana down the stairs. "I knew from the second you broke my binding spell. You're a chaos witch. The maroon magic is a dead giveaway. Egyptian mythology says red is the color of chaos and destruction, and in your case it is true. Your powers could destroy any and everything if you let them. Including spells. You will be the one to remove Isabelle's curse, because you are the only one besides Maldeena who can."

"But what will you be doing?" Viviana didn't bother asking how she could possibly remove a death curse. That would have to be something she figured out on her own.

"I will be distracting Maldeena." Ilsadora said coolly. "But we need a ride first."

Ilsadora stopped in front of a closed door, waiting for Jeanette, Santiago, and Alistaire to catch up. Beyond the door, Viviana could hear howls and roars.

She could only imagine what could create such sounds.

This must be the dragon!

Jeanette staggered into view with Santiago. Both of them looked quite winded, while Alistaire wasn't even breathing hard.

"So... many stairs!" Jeanette gasped. "What are we... here for?"

"Norrus, Lord of Ice. And perhaps some allies." Ilsadora smiled, before throwing the door open and striding out into a large cave.

"Torrin, Gallo, Kya, Deidra, Jean, and Radulf!" She called with a ringing note of authority in her voice.

Viviana jumped and then ducked when six silver wolves led two whole packs to sit obediently in front of Ilsadora. But behind the wolves, a massive dragon head, with white spikes and scales appeared when a single, electric blue eye opened.

"Lady Ilsadora." A powerful, ringing voice echoed through the cave. At least, that's what Viviana thought until she realized the dragon had not moved, apart from opening an eye. He was speaking to them telepathically.

"Lord Norrus." Ilsadora greeted with a dip of her head. "We have a request for you."

"If it is anything like your last request, I must warn you, that will take time."

"No, this one is much simpler, although you will probably dislike it." Ilsadora admitted.

Jeanette elbowed Viviana and mouthed "What was the last request?"