Part 8

(Earlier)
(2004/02/08)

  Despite his father's warnings concerning leaving yet Jin didn't listen to him, he would always sneak out to a river a little far from the village.

  Jin took as a secret place for him, he would go there everyday since almost three years, and didn't tell anyone about the place knowing that all he would get is a nice scold from the villagers.

  Jin looked at his reflection in the river, thinking about the outside humans eye colors, are they black like he heard from the villagers?

  He was so curious and that's normal for a child like him, hiss father knew that but didn't say anything because he trusted him and knew that he would listen to him.

  But Jin didn't.

"The only developed object here is sunglasses, I heard that an old man comes every month to sell them and my father forces me to carry one with me all the time despite the fact everyone in the villagers have the same eyes, isn't that so absurd Wendy?" He talked with a pout to the fish called Wendy. He used to always see it and talk to it as if it was a human, he liked the fact he could empty his heart talking to it.

  Jin's ear moved when he heard the rustle of leaves, he carefully turned around to the sound's source, there was someone near him.

  Jin put on the glasses for the first time just in case as he was a little far from the village, he approached the trees and kept walking until he saw a child who might be his age.

  He also had an injured ankle, Jin knew that the boy in front of him was one of those normal humans he always wanted to see.

  But what brought him here?

"Who are you?"

_____

(Modern era)
(2021/05/10)

  Silently sitting in his car, he had arrived to his job place but he still had a bit more time before his shift.

  Absentmindedly looking at his palms holding pictures of him holding the hand of the woman who once told him she would stay by his side until her last breath.

  He was smiling widely while holding her hand, and she held his and her other hand holding her own long hair which the wind played with, while drawing the smile Seokjin had always found warm and relaxing.

  Memories of that day were immortal in his mind, memories graved in his heart before his brain.

  After his family she was the best, she took their place after he lost them.

"You always told me that lying is bad, but you lied and I didn't..." He whispered, touching with his finger the face of who was on the picture. "You always left me..."

  Whoever looks at his eyes right now he would only see sadness, disappointment and brokenness filling them. They had not even a little bit of joy, hope, expectations or anything to revive his dead heart.

  Everyone who promised to stay with him broke their promises, only Lee Seok is left.

  For now we can call Seokjin a house.

  And everyone around him are its pillars.

  Everything in it collapsed, it became on the edge of the abyss and only one single pillar, if it also breaks Seokjin will fall in the abyss just like the house when it collapses and doesn't get renovated.

  He couldn't move on.

  His past follows him wherever he goes.

  He wished he was never born.