Chapter 1

PETE'S POV

It's been a month since the accident happened, and till now the feeling of being scared didn't leave me at all.

Because it keeps on replaying in my mind the car crushed that I witnessed. Sometimes I'm just doing some random stuff, just to forget about it. But it keeps on coming back.

I keep on saying to myself that it's just a dream, but every time I'm staring at him lying in the hospital bed unconscious, I still can't believe it happened for real.

The first day is the worst. I'm just thankful because my friends and boss never left my side. Even though, there is a big gap between the two families.

Mr. Takhun keeps on saying he hates Vegas, but I know deep down inside his heart, he cares about Vegas and Macau. Even if his kind of annoying sometimes.

Mr. Kinn and Porsche also came and never leave our side until everything is okay and settled.

"Pete, you have to come home with me na, let's go home together" Mr. Takhun keeps on repeating a hundred times now.

He insisted to stay with me, since the first day. Because I don't want to leave Vegas alone. Macau insisted to stay too, but I ask him to focus on his study and promise him from time to time I will update what was happening to his brother. Just to make him at peace and not worry about Vegas.

"Mr. Takhun, what If Vegas wakes up, nobody is here to take care of him" I answered again.

Based on his facial expressions, he is annoyed by my answer since the beginning. So he got up from his seat and put his hand on his hips.

"Okey fine, Arm and Pol will stay here for now, and you will go home with me whether you like it or not," he shouted.

"But" I want to refuse and explain to him that I don't want to leave Vegas side.

"No, but, look at yourself, you look like a zombie because of your eye bag. You have to rest and sleep too, like beauty sleep, I need that too you know" he exclaimed while touching his face.

I still didn't move from my seat after that, but he come to me and pull me. He gestures to Arm and Pol to come help make me stand up.

While standing, I keep on glancing at the bed where Vegas is sleeping peacefully. My heart still aching while staring at him.

"Don't worry about him, he's not gonna die yet. Evil people don't die that quick, keep that in mind Pete" Mr. Takhun said while pulling me towards the door.

"Mr. Nop just call us if something happens," I ask his personal bodyguard before we left.

"I will call you, No worries" he answers while smiling.

After that, we went home, and go straight to our shared bedroom.

I lie down on my bed trying to sleep but I couldn't. I put my hands on my face but stop immediately when I saw the marks on my wrist again.

It reminds me of the day that I left him. Those days without him by my side is like torture to me. I want to forget about him, like all the bad things he did to me. But the more I remember all those things, I keep on yearning for his presence.

I also miss those days, when he brings me my favorite food. When he plays the guitar just to annoy me. When we watch those silly movies. The hug and kiss that we shared. I miss sleeping next to him, I miss him that much, but for now, all I can do is cry.

I can't help myself but cry until I have no tears left, I shouldn't fall for him because of what happened. But I ended up falling hard. I just admit that to myself when I saw his car crash.

I thought I'm gonna lost him without even knowing what I truly felt about him.

For now, I keep on praying and hoping, that he will wake up soon, cause I miss him that much.

When I will be able to hear his voice again?

I didn't know I sleep while thinking about him, I woke up when I heard Porsche knocking at the door.

"Pete, you need to go to the hospital now," he said to me, but the look on his face makes me worried. It feels like there is something wrong.

"What happened?" I ask him while getting up hurriedly.

"Just go, I know you've been waiting for him to wake up, but if there is something wrong, you know we are here for you, right? " he said smiling, but I can see his just faking it.

In fifteen minutes, I'm back at the hospital.

I feel uneasy because of what Porsche told me earlier. What if something happened to him when he woke up?

My heart keeps beating faster and faster by the time I'm getting closer to his room.

I saw Pol and Arm on the chair outside. By the time they saw me, they just give me a fake smile and didn't dare to say anything.

My hands are shaking while holding the handle door.

But after opening the door, my world crushed at once upon entering the room.

I thought the first thing I'm gonna hear from him is the word I miss you when he saw me after he woke up. I didn't expect those words from him. It never crossed my mind that he will say those words to me.

"Who are you?"

It breaks my heart after hearing those words. Like what the hell is he saying, is he joking with me?

I tried to hold my tears, I don't want him to see me break and be weak.

"You don't remember me?" I asked him with a shaky voice.

"That's why I'm asking you, who are you?" he replied annoyingly.

He gave me that look that he doesn't care about me or my feelings.

The good thing is Mr. Kinn, Porsche, and Mr. Takhun entered the room.

Porsche rushed next to me and asked me if I'm okay. I heard them talking, but I don't know what are they talking about because my head wants to explode at that time.

It never crossed my mind, that he will forget about me. The real question is it temporary or for a lifetime? Thinking about it breaks my heart. It's like they're tearing it piece by piece.