FAQ

FAQ

💥 Which genre will the story be written in?

The genre will be decided in the group based on the feedback we receive on the applications.

💥 How much input will the group have about the story parts?

The participants will be responsible for defining a set of rules for the story. For example: the group will create a character sheet for the mc(s). So their hair colour, age, backstory remains the same throughout the story. The group will also decide if there is magic in the world, the era in which the story is set, etc.

💥 How will members of the writing group share information and keep in touch?

Each member will be given access to a shared Google sheet where important details can be added. This is done so each member of the group will know what their co-writers are working on. General conversations about the writing project can be held in the Writers Relay discord server.

💥 Am I required to join discord if I want to participate in this writing project?

Yes, we strongly suggest you join the Writer's Relay Discord server. There, you can chat with the other participants, decide together on important details of the story, and see how the others progress.

💥 How many participants will be selected?

Depending on the number and quality of the applications, as well as the genres listed by the applicants, we will define how large our group will be. This can be anywhere between 5 and 30 participants.

💥I don't have many followers. Do I still have a chance to participate?

Absolutely. The number of your followers won't prevent you from being chosen. On the other hand, you must have at least one completed story published on your Wattpad profile.

💥I don't have a completed story on my Wattpad profile. Can I still participate?

Sorry, no. We want to encourage writers to finish their first work before they join this kind of challenge.

💥English is not my mother tongue. Can I still participate?

You don't have to be a native speaker, but your English should be on a good level to join this challenge. Participants will be allowed and encouraged to help each other with editing, so a missing comma or two won't prevent you from being chosen.

💥 I'm participating in the Wattys. Will this prevent me from joining this collaboration?

No. The planning and writing phase starts August 20th. So, you can submit your story for the Wattys before you will be occupied with the Writer's Relay collaboration.

💥 I plan to do NaNoWriMo In November. Will this be a problem?

It shouldn't. The writing phase of this project is scheduled to finish October 20th, and only requires each participant to write a chapter of the story. This should provide you enough time to plan your NaNoWriMo project ahead of the Nov 1st kickoff.