Meet the Authors: Carminity

Writer's Relay:
Dear Carminity, we are super excited to have you participating in this unique collaboration with your fellow writers. And today, you have published your part on the story!! So, let's take this opportunity to know more about you, your writing journey, and your thoughts on Wattpad and the Writer's Relay event.

So, let's start with some warm up...

What prompted you to start writing on Wattpad, and what do you like most about the platform?

Carminity:
I've always been a writer; making little stories about vegetables overcoming insecurities and friendship magic and Wattpad just felt like the next step. When I first heard of it almost 8 years ago, I knew that I wanted to someday share a story enjoyed by reader everywhere. I think that's my favourite part about Wattpad, it connects me to millions of readers and writers around the world, it allows me to learn from other writers and it's easy to find books in genres I enjoy.

WR:
Tell us one thing about your writing process that has helped you the most.

Carminity:
When I'd watch something and feel like there's something missing. I then start creating my own version of the story and try to change it as much as I like, of course the story ends up nothing like the original but I suppose that gives it more originality.

WR:
Which author has influenced your writing the most?

Carminity:
I definitely can't name one author, anything I read influences and inspires me one way or another from fantasy to romance to adventure, I always find something I enjoy about a story and somehow incorporate it into my own worlds.

WR:
Where, would you say, do you stand in your writing journey?

Carminity:
I'm definitely still at the beginning, I've yet to have a writing style and I'm far far away from finding the genre I most enjoy writing in.

WR:
Which of your own stories is closest to your heart?

Carminity:
For now definitely my romance story 15 Months, it was very comforting to write it and I'll never forget it's characters. It is, however, far from perfect, so perhaps one day I might rewrite it and give it's characters a more defined ending.

WR:
Share two Wattpad story recommendations. Include the usernames of the authors and why you enjoyed the stories.

Carminity:
Sadly, I haven't read enough Wattpad stories to name two favourites but I'm hoping to spend more time reading on the platform.

WR:
There is one question that many authors may have asked themselves, you included... But could there be one simple single answer? Let's hear from your thoughts...

What would be the perfect recipe for the next greatest novel of all time? One you would write or read

Carminity:
A mystery or thriller with a little sprinkle of fantasy aspects, like magical fire foxes and pegasuses and of course some adventure to find the answer to the mystery and perhaps some romance. Oh yeah and there has to be a huge plot twist at the end, one of those plot twists that make you feel dumb for not figuring it out earlier but the truth is no one figured it out earlier.

WR:
Now that we know more about you, we are curious about your involvement in the Writer's Relay adventure.

What was your first thought when seeing the Writer's Relay call for participants? Did you apply straight away or did you take time to ponder on your possible involvement?

Carminity:
I definitely wanted to apply straight, it was the first time I heard of such a project and I've always been one to enjoy the chaos of group projects (mostly). I did however meet a little obstacle in the form of me not meeting the requirements so I ended up adding it to my calendar and applying only a few days before the deadline.

WR:
What do you hope to gain from collaborating with other writers on this Writers Relay initiative?

Carminity:
I mostly wanted to experience how writing with others would feel and not gonna lie, I also hoped for a little publicity

WR:
Now that you are well into this relay race, what do you think of your role in the collaboration?

Writing as a group is a bit like musicians performing in an orchestra. What is your instrument in this philharmonic? And what kind of symphony will come out?

Carminity:
I'd say perhaps one of the many violins in an orchestra, one alone wouldn't sound as magical as all of them together.