𝟎𝟐

𝑲𝑬𝑵𝑫𝑨𝑳𝑳

"𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐁𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐲," I asked nobody in particular as a girl who looked like her walked down the sand bank in a pink dress before promptly tripping and falling into the sand. 

"Hm," Jer said and turned to look where I was looking, "Oh uh yeah I think so. I'll go talk to her," he added and before I could reply he was already headed towards her. 

I cringed a little when I saw her look at Conrad and Nicole making out. For context, as long as I've known Isabelle Conklin, she's always been hopelessly and irrevocably in love with Conrad Fisher. A while ago when I was trying to figure out why, I started paying more attention to the two. Conrad always could tell when she was upset and felt bad when the boys did anything that could possibly upset her. He followed a sort of personal code to always do the right thing and make everyone feel better, but with Belly it always seemed different. I saw it once I paid more attention to them, but this summer the tension seems unmatched. 

Isabelle's always been pretty, but over this past school year she started to grow into herself and is absolutely gorgeous. It hurts my heart to see her starting to become someone else possibly for Conrad's attention, but I also whole heartedly understand because I've been there too. 

I watched as her and Jeremiah talk for a few minutes before he jogged back over to me and his spot with Belly was replaced with Con. I'm not really sure what they were saying but Nicole looked at me with furrowed brows. I shrugged an 'I'm not sure either' and she sighed before turning back to them. 

"What happened," I asked Jer and looked up at him.

"Just wanted to be apart of it all, Taylor's dress," he answered before I even asked why she was wearing a dress. I nodded and smiled, but felt a little off about why he asked about the dress in the first. Shaking that off, I took his hand and nodded toward the ocean. 

He grinned and we took off running toward the water, kicking off our sandals on the way. We made it about knee deep into the water before breaking out in another burst of laughter. Jer claimed he saw a wave coming when he lifted me up and my legs wrapped around him. Neither of us stopped laughing as he pulled me in for a kiss that was only broken when we heard someone yell "COPS". We shared a look and he basically dropped me as we took off running, picking up our shoes. 

"Belly let's go, now," I said to her and Jer took that as his cue to get Con. She was with a boy I recognized as Cameron. She nodded and the boy followed for some reason as we ran to the car. We got to the car and Jeremiah was trying to get his brother into the back seat. "No put him in the trunk," I said and he nodded, picking up on what I was saying. "Belly take the seat Con was gonna be in. Shit Jer we gotta get Steven." He looked up at me panicked and as we took off sprinting again, I noticed Belly still talking to Cameron outside the car. 

Figuring Conrad would deal with that, Jer and I found Steven and the three of us got back to the car, putting the other drunk boy in the trunk. 

"Lay down idiots," I said as I got in the passenger seat and Jer got in the drivers seat. We started driving and made it maybe a few hundred feet before a cop flagged us down. "I'll talk," I said and Jer rolled his window down.

"Hi sir," Jer said and the cop looked at us.

"Good evening, have you three been drinking," he asked and I shook my head.

"No sir," I replied and he narrowed his eyes. "My best friend," I pointed to Belly, "is a year younger than me and wanted to meet some of my other friends. I promised her mom I wouldn't let her drink and didn't think It'd be a good example if I brought her home drunk," I said with a laugh. 

The cop laughed a little too and nodded, "Alright, well you kids get home safe," he said and we waved. Jer rolled up his window and started driving again.

"Holy shit Ken," Jer said with a laugh and looked at me with a proud grin. 

"Thanks," I heard one of the boys in the trunk mumble out and when I looked back at Belly she looked like she was going through hell. 

"You good Bells," I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah that was just insane," Belly said and laughed. "Thanks, my mom would've killed me," she added and I smiled. 

"Anytime," I replied and turned up the music. 

-

I managed to sneak Belly back into her room through an upstairs window and I met back up with the boys at the pool door. The four of us walked in and Jer and I sat down with the moms on the couch while the other two boys made some food. Bell came back downstairs a few minutes later with a face mask on to hide her bruise and joined us the couch next to her mom. 

Jer held my hand from next to me while my head rested on Susannah's shoulder. To be completely honest, Susannah is more motherly to me than my mom ever has been. She's always checking in on me and we go out together whenever I'm free. Even if it's just a brunch or walking around wherever we are at the time. She ran a hand through my hair and pulled me closer, "How was the bonfire," she asked and I nodded into her shoulder. 

"Fun, I haven't seen a lot of those kids in a while," I replied and I saw her smile.

"Good, I'm glad you guys are having fun already. Do you want a brownie?"

"Sure, I'll go get one. Do you want anything," I asked and she shook her head.

"No thanks sweetheart, thank you though," Suze said and I nodded with a smile.

"I'll go with," Jere said with a happy smile and I laughed before the two of us went to get a brownie. 

"Here," I held the tray out to him and Jere got each of us a square before I put it back in the fridge. 

After we had plates and glasses of water, Jere and I looked in the living room and saw the moms sleeping on the couch and we decided to go upstairs. 

About an hour later Jeremiah and I were baked out of our minds. Never ending laughter followed by randomly deep conversations and then making out before rounding back to laughter.

"I think we took the wrong tray," I declared through the laughter.

"Mhm," Jere giggled and pulled me back into another kiss. 

-

A/N 

plz comment and vote! I love hearing from people and will talk about literally anything :)