𝟏𝟗

[𝐭𝐰: 𝐞𝐝, 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐚]

𝑲𝑬𝑵𝑫𝑨𝑳𝑳

𝐃𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐬𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐬. The only thing saving me currently is the fact that I'm going to Jer's tonight to get away from this bullshit. He's holding my hand under the table and I honestly couldn't be more thankful.

We're at some nice steak house but here I am eating a salad instead of anything with a hint of flavor. My mother made it very clear that I shouldn't be eating steak for dinner, making sure I was eating a salad seems to be at the top of her priority list.

"How've you been Mrs. Avaria," Jeremiah asked, setting his steak knife down to look at her.

"I've been well, thanks for asking. However I think I should be asking how your doing, y'know with Kendall putting on a few pounds and all," Adeline asked and the boy squeezed my hand tighter.

"We've been lovely, I hope you know that your daughter is gorgeous and perfect for me," he deflected in a tone I could only pin as absolute hatred masked by false sweetness.

"Oh of course, but there has to be a part of you that cares," she tried and the boy laughed.

"I do care about her," Jer stated and I had to stuff a bite of salad in my mouth to stop my laughter.

"I'm glad she has someone," Mr. Avaria said and Jer smiled, squeezing my hand under the table.

"Me too," he commented and the older man smiled.

After dinner Cora, Jer, and I took my car to the Fisher's. Cora was planning on getting picked up by a friend and there's no way in hell I'm letting her go home alone with our parents. So here we are, sitting in my car listening to ABBA.

"Where're we going," Cora asked from the backseat and Jer grinned.

"A real dinner or ice cream at least," he stated causing Cora and I to laugh.

"I'm down for ice cream," I said and Cora agreed.

"Yeah I could use some," she stated from the back and he smiled.

"Ice cream it is then," Jer finalized and the three of us spent the rest of the drive singing terribly to Money, Money, Money. 

"We're here," he announced as he pulled into a parking spot making us laugh. The three of us wandered into the ice cream parlor and Jer paid as Cora and I sat down at a table.

"Where are you goin tonight," I asked Cora and she shrugged.

"Probably go get high out of my mind at Ally's and crash there- oh that reminds me," she said reaching into her purse and handing me a pack of gummy worms. "I have more, but this should last for tonight and maybe tomorrow," Cora added and I grinned as I put the gummy worms in my bag. 

"Have I ever told you that you're my favorite sister," I asked and she laughed.

"Love you too Ken," Cora grinned and I rolled my eyes. Jer ruffled my hair before sitting down next to me and I glared at him, running my free hand through my hair to smooth it out. He just smiled and licked his ice cream.

"So what've you been up to this summer," Jer asked Cora and she shrugged.

"Parties, stringing some boys along, y'know the usual," she replied and he shook his head while I just grinned.

"That's what I like to hear," I said, earning a flick to the shoulder from my boyfriend- wait. Is he my boyfriend? Whatever.

Cora laughed and took a sip of the water she got with her ice cream. "Learned from the best," she said with an evil grin and I laughed.

"Who's the latest," I asked and Cora licked her ice cream for suspenseful purposes, that dramatic bitch.

"Jackson and Carson," she replied and I grinned in approval before he flicked my arm again.

"The brunette Carson? With the Porsche? And Jackson the tall ginger? Bright green eyes," I questioned and Cora nodded.

"I'd take Carson over Jackson, kid's an idiot," Jer commented and Cora shrugged.

I raised my eyebrows at him and he sighed, "Fair point, carry on." Both Cora and I laughed and she caught me up on everything going on as we finished our ice creams.

We got back in my car and Cora was picked up within 5 minutes of us pulling into the driveway.

"Bye Cor love you," I yelled and she smiled.

"Love you too Ken," she yelled back as she got in the passenger seat of Ally's car.

Jer pulled me into a hug almost instantly, the face I'd put on for my sister's sake falling quicker than I thought it would. "My room?" he whispered and I nodded into his chest. "Kay, let's go," he added, picking up my thighs to carry me. I giggled as he carried me up the stairs and into his room. Apparently Susannah was out with Laurel so it was just the kids at the house. 

Instead of throwing me on the bed like I thought he would, my back was met with a wall and the boy holding me had an indistinguishably smug grin. I laughed before pulling his collar closer to me and connecting our lips. Just like that any thoughts of dinner or my parents was gone. It's almost pathetic the way one kiss from this boy could make me forget anything else existed in the world. 

One of my hands moved to his hair almost immediately eliciting a groan from the boy while the other was on his shoulder to pull him closer. One of his hands was on my ass to 'hold me up' I call bullshit but whatever, and his other hand was on my chest. 

"Hey Jer," I whispered and at the lack of contact his lips moved to my collarbone.

"Hmm," he asked into my skin and it took everything in me not to shiver at the feeling.

Before I could say anything his door opened to reveal Conrad and the two of us looked at him, "What's up," I asked and he raised an amused eyebrow.

"Gonna watch a movie, wanna come," he asked and I sighed, Jer let go and I stood up. 

"Only if we're baked for it," I answered and he and Jer grinned.

"Deal," Jer said and I laughed.

"Here," I said, reaching into my bag and handing each of them a gummy worm before eating one myself. "Gross aftertaste," I stated and they both nodded.

"Let's get some water," Con suggested and Jer and I nodded.

"What're we watching," I asked and Conrad smirked.

"Doctor strange, the first one," he replied and I groaned.

"We're gonna die," I huffed and both boys laughed.

"Probably," Jer agreed and the three of us made our way downstairs.

-

A/N 

hello fine readers of this book

how's ur day goin?

also unrelated but I've posted 6 chapters of the new james potter book if ur interested :)