𝟎𝟑

𝑲𝑬𝑵𝑫𝑨𝑳𝑳

𝐉𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐦 𝐚𝐭 𝟗𝐚𝐦. "Morning my gorgeous girl," he said as he pulled me closer. 

"Hi," I replied and smiled at him before pecking his lips. "What time do you work today," I asked and he sighed.

"10:30 to 4," Jeremiah said as he ran a hand through my hair. "Figured we could go get some breakfast before I drop you at home," he added and I nodded.

"Yeah I'm down. I gotta go drop something off for Cora and pick up some fruit. I'll stop by the club at like 3:30 and hang out if that works," I said and he nodded excitedly.

"Please do, and bring a swimsuit," he said and we both laughed and I hit his chest before sitting up. 

"Maybe, wanna get up," I asked as Jere sat up and dramatically threw the comforter towards our feet before heading towards his closet.

"You want a sweatshirt? It's still gonna be a little cold out and considering the bikini top," he trailed off and looked me up and down, still sitting under half the comforter. I smiled and laughed a little as he tossed me a sweatshirt. 

"I like this one," I said holding it up in front of me. It was his white school football hoodie with Fisher and 5 on the back in jersey letters.

He grinned, "You can wear the last name till I give it to you."

"Oh I plan on it," I said and smiled as I put it on. I got out of bed and wrapped my arms around him from behind. Jere dropped the lifeguard shirt that was in his hands and turned around to hug me back. 

"I love you so much Kendall Avaria it's actually a little insane," he whispered into my hair and kissed my head.

"I love you more Jeremiah Fisher," I said and looked up at him. Both of us couldn't stop smiling as we kissed and he broke it, "Let's go get some breakfast."

"Might wanna put on a shirt. Oh and I don't know, shorts," I replied with a laugh and he laughed too as he put on his lifeguard shirt and swim shorts.

-

I got to the club at 3:30 and went out to the pool to find no Jeremiah. A little confused I went to the snack shack where Steven works. 

"Hey have you seen Jer," I asked him and he nodded.

"Yeah they let him off early. He's up at deb practice with Belly," Steven said and I nodded. 

"Thanks," I said and went to my car to grab Cora's bag that she left and then up to the ballroom. 

I found Jer dancing in the middle of the room and pulling Belly in to dance with him. I laughed a little and made eye contact with Cora. She went a little wide eyed and walked over to me.

"You're just gonna let him dance with her," she whispered and I shrugged.

"Why not, here's your bag," I handed it to her.

"Thanks, but Ken he literally left his post to bring her up here, and they were laughing and like holding hands and then he got let off work and came back up here to dance," my sister whispered again and I shrugged.

"C it's fine. Nothing I can do about it anyways," I added and she looked at me in disbelief.

"At least say something to him about it, please," Cora finished and walked back to her friends, looking back at me to reinforce what she said. 

Jere finally realized I was in the room and looked a little shocked for a second before pulling it together and declaring his exit. He was basically ushered out and I followed him.

"Hey," he said and pulled me into a hug once we were out of the room. "What're you doing here," he asked and I raised an eyebrow. "Fuck not like that, sorry."

I shrugged as we started walking down the stairs and in the general direction of the parking lot. "It's fine, I came to hangout with you and then you were off so I came up here to bring Cora her bag," I replied and his eyes got a little bigger.

"Sorry Ken, I should've told you," Jeremiah said and I nodded.

"Yeah it's fine this time, but a text would've been nice," I agreed and he caught my arm to get me to stop walking. We were almost to the car and I turned to look at him.

"What's wrong," he asked and I sighed. 

"Why'd you go back to the ballroom," I asked him and he paused for a second.

"Wait how'd you know that," Jere asked and I scoffed.

"Why is that relevant? I was bringing Cora her bag and Cora's been in the room the whole time. She thought it was weird and I didn't really care that you brought her in, but why go back," I replied emphasizing her name and he sighed.

"I'm sorry Ken I really am," he said and I looked at him again.

"I don't want an apology I want an explanation. An apology implies that you did something wrong," I stated and he nodded.

"I just wanted to check in and make sure she was fine, Belly was super nervous earlier and I thought I could help," Jere replied and I nodded.

"Okay, thanks Jere," I said and stepped closer to him.

"For what," he asked and I looked up at his eyes.

"Communicating. It's important to me and I appreciate that you could recognize it," I responded and he grinned.

"I love you," he said and pulled me into a kiss. I kissed him back and tried to push the fact that he was thinking about her his whole shift out of my mind.

-