Chapter 6

"What do you think Hogwarts is like, Draco?" Harry asked, as he stared out the window from the window couch. Draco looks up from the book he was reading.

"Probably a bunch of idiots who can't hold a wand properly." Draco said, and Harry looks over at him.

"Can you not be a prick?" Harry asked, and Draco rolled his eyes.

"Can you not ask stupid questions?" Draco asked back, causing Harry to huff.

"Whatever, Mr. I'm-A-Jerk-To-Lowlives." Harry sadi, mockingly. Draco glares at him.

"Well excuse you, then. There's the door over there." Draco said, pointing at the door. Harry gasped.

"You dare kick me out of your room?!" Harry asked, before Draco started laughing.

"I dare indeed, your highness! You can plainly see the door right there." Draco said, as Harry crossed his arms, pouting.

"What do you think of the lady that came this evening?" Draco asked, and Harry's eyes immediately went to the box that contained his wand.

"She seems like a person that'll kill us if something went wrong. Or she would protect us. The man that showed up, gave us a book on about what they are." Harry said, as Draco closed the book he was reading and sets it on the desk.

"They were called Shadow Walkers, right? What was the book about, again? You seemed more interested in it then me. I like potions more." Draco said, as he hops off the chair and walks over Harry. Draco climbs up and sits next to Harry. Harry pulls out a black book with a blue rose engraved on the cover. The gold lettering was the words The Grim Family.

"Looks pretty normal to me." Draco said. Harry shrugs and opens the book. Harry opens his mouth to read outloud.

"I remembered when I died. I was with my dearest friend, as she cried over me. But she didn't see sad at all. She almost looked relieved. I told her to not worry about me. Her reply?

"But then you'll be alone leaving this world behind. I don't want you to be alone. I'll be right behind you."

That's the last time we spoke to another, when I took my last breath. I didn't understand what she meant by that, but I met my master at the same time too. He let me stay behind saying he's here to pick up another soul. I followed him to whoever he was picking up. When I saw who is was, my body froze.

My one and only dearest friend was dead, but her soul was there. Waiting. I could do nothing, but cry, as she held me in her arms."

Harry stopped reading and looked at Draco.

"This sounds like someone's diary. Why would he give us someone's diary?" Draco asked, confused.

"I don't know. Let's keep reading it!" Harry said, as he flips through some pages.

"Are you reallly just gonna read someone's diary?! That's an invasion of privacy!" Draco said, as Harry shrugs.

"So? He wouldn't have given me this if it was an invasion of someone's privacy. Now listen to this!" Harry said, and begins reading outloud.

"It's been a few years since Lord Grim gave me a body made of shadows. I didn't think he could do that, but then again, I don't know much about him. Lord Grim brought a unique soul back. Her name was Mary and she was a Time Keeper human. I was surprised that she wasn't a witch. I asked her that too. All she told me was that she had a connection with time and showed me a strange hourglass. It was a regular looking hourglass with four rings slowing moving in different directions. When used, the sand travels up from the bottom to the top of the hourglass. Everytime I asked her about the hourglass, she doesn't tell me much about it. Guessing some secrets are best not knowing it.

Mary and Lord Grim told me that they are having a kid. I stopping asking myself and just went with whatever was happening. Of course, I congratulated them! Then Lord Grim told me I was to teach their child about to take take over the world of shadows. I asked why. He told me he'll make sure the child eats me first if I asked that again. I think I should fear for my life...."

Harry turns a page and continues reading out loud.

"The child was born. It's a girl. Lord Grim wouldn't let me meet her till she was older. She was 6 when we met for the first time. I greeted her as if she was my ruler. Technically she is. She turned to Lord Grim and asked if she was supposed to eat me. Lord Grim just laughed. I told her she can't eat me and I was to teach her how to rule the shadows. The child smiled and hugged me. I asked her why was she hugging me. Her reply?

"You are now my friend! I will not eat you and destory the world!"

I got my work cut out for me.

       ___________________

Finally! I got her to go to sleep! It took me 3 hours to get her to get in the bed! She looks so peaceful sleeping, but now I have a problem. How am I gonna get out of this bed without waking her up? She's a lightsleeper. If I move to get up, she's not gonna leave me alone. I think she's grown attached to me being her friend. I wonder why she wants me to stay with her all the time?"

"Let's skip some pages." Draco said, and Harry nods. Harry flips a couple of pages and begins reading outloud.

"What have they done?! There's corpses everywhere! Lord Grim can't sense the souls from them. Souls don't just disappeared into thin air!

........

I found her. I found Lady Sarah. I couldn't move my body to stop her as she sucked the soul out of a Shadow Walker. Her torse looks strange and glowing. Lord Grim told me to stay away from her. I couldn't stop him. How can I when I couldn't move myself! I saw what was happening, when she turned around. She doesn't have a heart. Her torse looked split opened with, I think, her soul there in the middle of the chest part.

Lord Grim wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly. I could the cracking of bones back into place, as Lady Sarah started crying.

She was apologizing? For what? For being angry? For being hungry? I should have not left her side. I need to find someone who can stay with her when I'm busy with work.
Wait. I know someone the some age as her! The dragon! What was his name again?.....Oh! Sandstorm! I believe he was Clan Leader Earth's and Lighting's son. Maybe they will agree for a playdate with the two. I'll asked Lord Grim after we get Lady Sarah calmed down. I'm starting to worry if her soul is alright from eating the other souls. Some of those souls weren't stable ones."

Harry and Draco looked at each other.

"I think this is that man's diary." Harry said, as Draco took the book and looks at the last page in the book. Draco shows Harry the page.

Property of Daniel Songs