Chapter 7

Augusta Longbottom looks behind her, as she stops at the top of the steps of Gringotts Bank.

"Hurry up, child. We need to get you back to normal for when that letter comes. You creatures are so slow when it comes to us old people." Augusta said, as Damien leans on his on his knees.

"This....body....is....horrible!" Damien said, between pants. Augusta clicks her tongue, annoyed.

"You can complain all you want, child. You should be grateful that your mother's friend came to find you before that old fraud did. Now get moving if you want to get out of my house." Augusta said, as Damien groans.

"Yes, ma'am. We still baking those cookies before I head home, yes?" Damien asked, as he jogs up the rest of the steps.

"Of course, we are! Your mother is such a lovely young lady. I must give her a gift when she comes to pick you up." Augusta said, as she huffs and walks towards the bank. Damien smiles and walks behind her.

Damien opens the door for him and Augusta to go in. Augusta nods to him and walks in. Damien follows behind. A goblin looks up and waves them over.

"Name and appointment?" The goblin asked.

"Augusta Longbottom. I'm here to get this child back to his parents. Illegal charms and such." Augusta said, as the goblin leans up over the desk to look down at Damien. Damien smiles and waves shortly at him. The goblin hums and leans back into his chair.

"Bucket will be with you shortly, Lady Longbottom." The goblin said as he pressed a button. Augusta nods as walks away to sit down. Damien followed after her and sat next to her.

"Will you be alright when I'm not around?" Damien asked, and Augusta chuckles.

"I'm still kicking, child. You don't have to worry about this old lady. Your mother's rose is still at the house. I'll be fine." Augusta said, as Damien nodded. A door opened and a goblin stepped out.

"Longbottom? This way, if you would." The goblin called out. Augusta and Damien got uo and followed the goblin into the room.

"Thank you for seeing us, Bucket." Augusta said, as the three sat down.

"A pleasure as always, Augusta. How can I help you?" Bucket asked, and Augusta gestures to Damien.

"This child arrived at my house by Albus. He told me that he was a grandson, Neville Longbottom. I'll admit, it both hurts me and makes me happy to see that this is what my late grandson would look like. As soon as Albus left, I questioned the poor boy." Augusta said, as Damien nods, picking up after her.

"I told her that I was kidnapped from my mother's friend, Daniel. I don't know how that old man managed to get me when I'm surrounded by other Shadow Walkers. I played along with him when he was trying to doing something with the weird stick of his. I think mom called it a wand? Anyways. He dropped me off at this nice lady's house and left." Damien said, and Bucket nods.

"Name, child?" Bucket asked.

"Damien Grim, sir." Damien said, and the quill paused on the paper.

"So you're HIS grandson. We should get started before he finds out you're not with your parents." Bucket said, as Damien tilts his head confused.

"Is something wrong, sir?" Damien asked, and Augusta pats his head.

"Don't worry about it, child. Your grandfather is just someone we know well." Augusta said, and Damien shrugs. A knock at the door next to the desk catches their attention. The door opens and another goblin steps in.

"Bucket. We're ready to remove the charms and glamour. Magic shouldn't have worked on the child, but the child being a half-breed might have played in effect to it."  The goblin said, as Bucket nods. Bucket got off the chair and walks over. Augusta pats Damien shoulder, silently encouraging him to follow Bucket. Damien smiles and stood up.

Walking into the next room with the goblin and Bucket. Bucket points the to center of the room.

"Stand there, and they will start removing what spells are on you. Your mother will be here soon." Bucket said. Damien walks to the center of the room. Damien looks floor seeing all types of runes and lines everywhere.

'This could easily be mistaken as a ritual.' Damien thought, as the goblins started chanting in a language Damien recognized.

'Oh shit! I forgot mom told me to study all languages! I hope she doesn't question me about this one.' Daniem thought, as he felt his body burning. Daniem kneeled down on the floor, as he held his head from the oncoming headache. Damien's eyes glowed, as he let out a scream. A black sand-rocks mix flows out under him, and solidify around him like a hollowed out hexagon ball. The image of Neville Longbottom melted away revealing Damien's real self. The room darken as Lady Sarah steps out of the shadows. Damien pants, as Lady Sarah waves her hand at the structure. The structure fell like sand, as she kneels down and picks up Damien.

"M-mom?" Damien asked, looking up at her through tired half-closed eyes. Lady Sarah smiles.

"Go to sleep, Damien. Mommy is right here." Lady Sarah said, as Damien nods, as he lays his head on her chest. Lady Sarah holds him close and turns to Augusta.

"Thank you for keeping him, Augusta. Shall I visit you soon?" Lady Sarah asked, and Augusta smiles, waving her hand dismissively.

"Please. This old lady is fine. Do till your father to stop by for a chat. I'll have some cookies ready to the child. He's been nothing, but a good child during his unexpected stay. How's my Neville doing over there with your father? Is he being a good boy?" Augusta asked, as Lady Sarah walks over to her. The goblin began cleaning up the sand pile on the floor.

"Oh, he's such a joy to have. Father is looking foward to having another apprentice working under him. I'll let father know that you want to see Neville." Lady Sarah said, as Augusta nodded.

"Thank you. I'll be waiting." Augusta said, as she stood up. The two woman bowed to each other before Lady Sarah left, holding Damien in her arms, using the shadows. Augusta turns to Bucket.

"Thank you, Bucket for helping me with this." Augusta said. Bucket smirks.

"Of course, Augusta. A pleasure as always. I'll escort to the entrance." Bucket said, amd Augusta chuckles.

"How kind of you to do so. Lead the way." Augusta said, as the two walked towards the door.