Housewarming Party - Epilogue

A/N: Unlike the main part of Watching Sunrises, this epilogue is written in Leni's POV (as a tie-in to the next book).

Risa bounced off the walls in excitement (at least in her head) on their way up to Pia and Loren's new condo in BGC. While she and Leni have gotten a few teasers of the work in progress, this will be the first time either of them will get to see the place in person.

She swayed her hips to the elevator music and hummed along to the tune. "Oh my God, Ga, na-e-excite ako!"

Leni, with several gifts in tow, stared at her with a mischievous smile. "Sa housewarming ka ba talaga excited, o sa afterparty mamayang gabi?"

"Pwede naman both, diba?" Risa said, raising a bunch of gifts on one hand, and a bottle of wine on the other. "San Mig sana dalhin ko, pero wine na lang para level up nang 'onti. May sparkling grape juice din akong dala para pwede makasali naman si Ate Lo."

Leni pursed her lips, then glanced at the bottle of sparkling grape juice on Risa's feet. "Hati sila ni Peej sa sparkling grape juice. Ayokong mag-alaga ng dalawang lasing mamaya."

Risa and Leni shared a laugh until the elevator stopped at the 24th floor, where the new condo is. They stepped out of the elevator and walked until they reached the unit on the furthest end.

Upon reaching the unit, Risa rang the doorbell. Moments later, they heard unlocking sounds until Loren opened the door. "Hi, welcome to Casa de Legarda-Cayetano. Sige, pasok kayo."

"Ate Lo!" Risa outstretched her arms to give Loren a hug before scanning the place. "Wow, ang luwag, ah. Inggit ako!"

As soon as Risa stepped in, an adult-sized Golden Retriever made a beeline for her and wagged its tail in front of her. Risa then immediately squealed and crouched down to pet it. "Ahh, doggy! What's their name?"

Loren also crouched down and scratched the dog's chest area. "Risa, meet Aloe. Say hi to Tita Ris, Aloe!"

While Risa and Loren shared stories about Aloe and how they adopted him, Leni and Pia sat around the white and brown couches with some orange juice and a charcuterie board on the coffee table. Also invited to the party are Grace and Nancy, who Leni has been quickly becoming friends with for the past few years.

As soon as Leni saw them, she immediately tapped Nancy's shoulder to get her attention. "Uy, Nans, balik ba kayo next year ni Grace?"

Nancy faced Leni and took a sip of the orange juice. "Of course, Lens,  filing na ng CoC bukas. Masaya ang tahimik na buhay, pero nakaka-miss rin magtrabaho sa Senate."

On the other couch, Grace refilled her glass and took a bite of some cheese and crackers from the charcuterie board in front of them. "Sana manalo muna, diba?"

Leni let out a hearty laugh. "Ano ba, Grasya, mananalo yan! Mark my words: May reunion ng Tres Marites sa July."

While the so-called 'Tres Marites' bloc shared a laugh, Pia grabbed some of the Brie cheese and a piece of ham. "So, Lens, what's next for the Lapag Queen? May ipapapusta ka ba ulit?"

Leni shook her head. "Ayoko muna, Peej. Gusto ko muna magka-pera pang-Shopee."

"Ayaw muna. Ibig sabihin may balak magpapusta ulit." Nancy chortled. "Sabihin mo lang wala nang exciting happenings sa Senate ngayon. Kasal na ung mga malalandi, eh."

Pia gasped in fake indignation. "Nans, are you insinuating na malandi kami?"

The moment she heard that line, Leni almost spit her drink. "Gago, Peej! Almost 300k nga na-donate natin sa Angat Buhay, diba?"