Word Vomit

Chapter Fifteen

Alex parked his car outside the Holiday's home and took a deep breath trying to calm his nerves.  He didn't want to think for a moment that maybe those people were hurting her and forcing her to quit.  A knock on his window startled him a little and he was surprised to find that Mr. Holiday stood outside the car.

"I suggest you head on home, Grace isn't feeling so well Mr. Jewels." The old man snapped at Alex.

"I want an explanation as to why she quit, I think I deserve that much after all I hired her." He replied.

The old man held his chin up, his arms crossed over his chest and a snarl covered his expression. This man was definitely hiding something. Alex's suspicion went off in high alert as he pushed out of his car. Grace's father grew tense as Alex stood a bit taller than he.

"Grace has her reasons and I am not a person to go about sticking my nose in my daughter's business." He retorted.

"It's alright dad." Came Grace's voice.

Both of men turned to look at her, she was quiet as she stood there in a simple blue cotton dress and sandals.  She timidly played with her hands as her father shot her a warning glare and trotted back into the house slamming the front door shut.

"Grace,what's going on? Why did you quit?" Alex asked, his voice was calm and concerned as he look to her.

***

Grace looked up at Alex and studied his face.  How could this man be a murderer?  There was nothing but trust in those dashing eyes of his.  They often made her feel lost and dazed.  Finally she broke their gaze and looked down to the ground trying to find words to explain to him.  She didn't like lying in all honesty but she couldn't come out and say she quit because she suspected him to be a killer.

"Sir...I quit because something came up, it's personal and I cannot discuss with you the reason why.  That is all I have to say." She whispered.

"What about our date?" He asked running a hand through his hair.

"I c-cant." Grace had completely forgotten that she had a date with Alex. As soon as her father mentioned that the man could possible be a murderer all other thought's had vanished. She wanted the statement to be a lie and in order to know the truth she'd have to go out looking for it.

"It's your father isn't it?" He boldly asked.

Grace shook her head, the last thing she wanted was Alex growing a grudge against her own father. She felt her throat knot as she wrapped her arms around herself.

"My father has noting to do with why I quit. I am old enough to make my own decisions. If he acts hostile around you it's only because he is just that, my father." She defended.

"Please, you can trust me. I just want to know why." He pressed.

"Alexander, please just understand that I cannot discuss with you my motives, please be a gentleman and leave. It's was lovely to have met you." She lastly said before turning to walk inside.

She felt him reach over, felt the strong grip he wrapped around her own wrist but the words leaving his mouth made her stomach coil.

"Vicky, wait!"

Grace felt her face break in shock but she refused to cry as she pulled her hand free from his grip and cradled it against her chest. He had hurt her! Not only emotionally but her wrist was throbbing painfully as she fought the tears wanting to brim. Was this man violent?

"Grace." Alex gasped trying to reach for her arm yet again.

"Don't touch me!" She snapped quickly hiding her hands behind her back.  She looked up at Alex once again and felt a tear escape her.

"You are clearly not over her are you? How then do you stand here asking me out on a date when it is her that consumes your mind?  How can I compete with someone who is dead?" She said.

"Grace, it's not what you think. It was simply word vomit." Alex fought to defend.

"No Alexander, please, just go away, and get some help before it's too late." She protested.

Grace turned to leave and Alex gripped her by the arm once again spinning her around and pressing a deep kiss unto her lips.  Grace felt chocked out of breath as she felt her eyes grow wide.  Her knees buckled and Alex was fast in wrapping a hand around her waist never breaking their kiss.  She was confused and most of all drunk with the way his lips sought hers, almost as if he had been dying to do this for a while.

****

Alex pressed her as tight as he possibly could against him; he felt everything bloom with light, almost as if his mind had been running in black and white and suddenly there was color.  A groan escaped him as he lavished the intimate lock. He felt her protest just five seconds into the kiss. Her palms pressed again his shoulders and then he was being slapped, hard.

"How dare you!" Grace exclaimed. The blush in her cheeks and the anger in her eyes clearly expressed she hadn't enjoyed the bold action. Yet she looked beautiful in his eyes. The fire in her eyes was something he had longed to see for so long.

****

Grace wiped at her mouth as Alex took her into his arms once again. She fought against it but he held fast. Their heavy breathing mingled together as he pressed his forehead against hers.

"I'll scream." She whispered, anger still evident in her eyes.

"Grace, please don't go, I need you, you have no idea how much...,"

Grace closed her eyes trying not to grow confused with the plead in his eyes. How on earth had she let her guard down like that?  She still wasn't sure about him, even as she stared at him she felt her mind being clouded again with the kiss they had just shared.

"Alex, I'm s-sorry, I can't, we can't see each other anymore. Respect my decision and let me go. This doesn't have to turn into violence." She replied.

"I wish I could make you understand how much I need you. These past three years have been hell for me, but the moment I saw you...I finally saw a ray of light at the end of my dark tunnel, a great opportunity." He confessed.

Grace felt fear grip her now as she tugged away.  The desire in his eyes made her afraid, not only because of her suspicions but because she wanted him as much as he did her. That was a bad thing when all the facts weren't clear yet.

"I have to go." She fought to say. Disappointment overcame his blue eyes as his arms finally released her. She retreated without looking back for fear that she'd run to him. Grace slammed the door shut and tried steading her hands and she took a deep breath. She rubbed her face and rushed up the stairs.  Her mind was running a mile a minute as slumped to the ground inside her room. She hugged her knees trying to put in order her thoughts.  She felt like a complete fool now that she thought about it.  Alex had called her Vicky then kissed her.  She shook her head and covered her ears trying to sound out all the noise surrounding her.

****

Alex stood outside the porch pressing his forehead on the front door.  Why did he have to go and call her Vicky?  He felt that maybe he had lost her, and now everything was ruined.  How was he going to be able to fix everything, he still had a puzzle to figure out and now he had this problem to fix as well.  He pulled away from the door and went down the steps.  He felt like a complete idiot as he slowly slid into his car and drove off.  Just how was he going to fix up all of this mess now?