Unforgettable

~Chapter One~

The funeral seemed to go one for ages as Alexander Lucian Jewels looked down to the closed casket of his beloved. There weren't any words that could describe just how unreal all of this was. She was gone, and never coming back. Alex felt yet another tear pour down in cheek, reminding him of reality as he gently placed the burning red rose over the glossy smooth black casket.

"I love you," he whispered. It was so wrong to have to confess to her his true feeling this way. He knew she couldn't hear him, and the only hope that lingered inside of him was that she was watching him down from heaven.

It was the sunniest day Alex swore there could be as he looked up to the sky and felt the hot rays of the sun caress his skin. He took a deep breath and let it out unevenly as his fingers stroked the box. The family mourned behind him as he stood there letting his tears spill over her casket. Finally he was pulled away into his mother's arms; he hadn't realized he had started to cry out loud as he muffled his cries into her shoulder.

"I want her back," he managed to say into her shoulder in a cracked tone.

His mother tried to comfort him as best as she could, her sorrow was clearly shown too as she struggled with her own emotions. Alex held her tight digging his fingers into her back as he cried in deep sorrow. Memories flash into his mind as he remembered the first time they had met, to their first kiss, and finally to her last words.

"The wedding is off, I hope you find what you are looking for seeing that you couldn't find it in me," she had said in a voice mail she'd left. That day Alex had arrived at his apartment and somehow managed to charge his phone and find a single voice mail from her.

The reverend began to speak but to Alex, the old man's words were a slur as he held his mother tight. He felt like a child, not being able to contain his tears as the pain ripped through him and tore at his heart.

"Give her back to me God, give her back," he choked out.

"She was an angel of the Lord that was called back to him...," the reverend went on.

Alex pulled away from his mother and stumbled out of the funeral before he could jump into the six foot whole they had dug. The distant calls of his mother soon faded as he held on to a large statue of an angel crying over a tomb stone.

"Alex man, are you alright?" his best friend Max called. He placed a hand over his shoulder and straightened him out.

"Without her I'm Lifeless Max," Alex replied.

"Come on A, you know she would like you to move on, Vicky wouldn't want you to feel that way." He tried to say.

"I need to leave, I can't be here, it's killing me, she's killing me," Alex heaved holding his chest.

"Alright, alright, calm down," Max replied taking hold of his arm.

He led him into the back seat of his BMW and drove off in hopes of making Alex forget for just a little while. He had never in all of his life seen him like this, and in truth it pained Max to see Alex in such a condition.

"Why Max? Why did this have to happen to her, why couldn't it have been me, I was well deserving of death, but she...she deserved to be happy." He muttered.

~*******~

--------------> Song on the Side for the Book.

Lifeless (Book II)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें