Hostage

Chapter Twenty Six

Victoria screamed at the top of her lungs once she saw Alex's body collapse on the floor. She darted towards him shoving her father out of the way in the process. She rolled him over, her hands quickly running all over his stomach checking for any sign of blood.

"Oh thank God," she cried as Alex sat up and held her.

"I'm fine," he whispered into her ear.

Then a strong hand wrapped around her wrist yanking her away from Alexander. She fought against it, but the barrel of the gun was soon pointed against Alex's head.

"Be happy that I missed the first time, because this time I won't." he said between gritted teeth. "Now get up!"

"Why are you doing this?" Vicky exclaimed trying to yank free again.

"You stay away from my daughter you hear! Stay away from us!" Mr. Holiday exclaimed all but dragging Victoria out the door.

"Alex! Alex! Help me!" Vicky exclaimed trying to reach out to him.

She watched as pain consumed every inch of him, even his posture slumped as he knelt there on the floor watching her being dragged out.

"Let go of me, let go! I don't want to go with you," she shrieked.

"Get into the car Grace," he snapped shoving her into the back seat. She sat there eyes wide as she stared at Mrs. Holiday in the passenger seat.

"Mom please help me, Dad's gone mad!," she pleaded her voice breaking.

"It's for the best that you never see that young man again, ever," was all she got as a reply.

"Please tell me what's going on, please," she sobbed.

"Your father already told you, he's a murderer Grace, and we can't allow you to be anywhere near him."

"He's not a murderer!" She snapped.

"That's enough, now sit back and shut it!" she hissed turning to glare at her. Vicky bit her lip and swallowed her cries looking out towards the window. Soon her father slipped into the driver's seat and sped off. She stared through the back window watching as Alex's home grew smaller and smaller.

He'll find me, he'll come for me, she thought and closed her eyes.

******

As soon as Alexander heard the car drive off he darted for his room and dialed Max's number. He had been warned not to call the police; Mr. Holiday had made it clear, that if a single police car showed up at his home he'd kill her.

"Max!" Alex exclaimed into the phone.

"What's going on?"

"They took her, he came and had a gun, she didn't want to go, and he forced her into the car..." Alex rambled on.

"Calm down Alex, who came?" Max asked.

*******

Max sat up in bed slowly trying to slip out of Izzy's grasp. She had showed up last night, surprising him with an early welcome home. He all but took advantage of the alone time they had, and he was more than happy to have his feeling back on check. He pushed out of the covers and found his jeans throwing a muscle shirt on.

"I need you to get here fast!" was all Alex exclaimed before the line went dead.

"Who was that?" Izzy asked while stretching.

"Alex, he's gone nuts," Max simply chuckled pretending to play it calm.

"Hmm, be back soon?" she mumbled and snuggled under the covers unto her belly. Max bit his lower lip and tilted his head a little at the back side view of his fiancée then darted out the door after saying, I love you.