Breaking Free

Chapter Twenty Four

The kiss was beginning to cloud every corner of Grace's mind as Alex eagerly pulled her closer, clearly letting his adrenaline take control. She had heard his answer to her question but she had no time to respond, much less react. His lips had frozen all reactions. The moment Alex closed the distance Grace froze in place but soon melted into his mouth allowing him to explore her. His kiss was deep, eager but yet so intoxicating that Grace did not mind the fact that he was now running his lips along the side of her jawline.

"Alex," Grace manage to gasp out. The words had been meant for him to stop, but instead they left her lips in a rather pleasured tone.

"Vicky, please, please," Alex replied in a rather hoarse tone. His mouth found hers again and she gave in moaning into him. She felt her body shutter to hear him call her by that name. She still had no clue if it was true.

She forced her body to pull away from his, she needed answers and he had said he had proof. She took two more steps away from him and hugged herself looking anywhere but in his direction.

"Show me," was all she managed to mumble.

Alex sighed and digged both hands into his pockets walking away toward his dining room. There he picked up all the information Max had managed to find on both her parents and her. They took a seat once again and then she remembered the photograph she had stolen from the file and pulled it out.

"Here, you can start by explaining this to me." She said.

"How did you...you were the one to break into my house?" he asked.

Grace nodded and placed the picture in his lap curling her hands back in front of her.

"Who is she?" she asked.

"This...is the real Grace Holiday."

She closed her eyes, took a deep breath, and for a moment decided to play along if she wanted to know everything. The idea was insane!

"Show me proof." She whispered.

Alex digged around through the pile of papers and then slipped a few out containing her criminal and high school records.

"Look," he said, pulling out a mug shot picture of Grace. "There is no way this is you, her eyes are green, lips are thinner, and her nose is slightly crooked, and it clearly says here on this paper "Grace Holiday."

"Alex, have you ever considered thinking that I might just look like your Vicky?" she asked.

"This is the autopsy report, the mortician said that the woman inside the car had a tattoo on her ankle. She was wearing running shoes, you have always worn flats, and I know for certain you don't have any tattoos."

"This is crazy," she sighed covering her face. It made sense, a little, but the fact that her parents claimed her to be Grace Holiday was still to be explained.

"I know this might be hard for you to take in, but please trust me, I can prove everything to you if you just give me some time." He sighed taking hold of her hand.

She sat there for a moment trying to think, should she give him time to figure this out? Did she really want to put her hopes in maybe thinking she was the great Victoria Elven?

"How, do you know for sure that I am...her?"

"Look at me," he stated taking hold of her face. "I could never forget this face, no matter how many years could have passed. Call me crazy, but I could single you out in a crowd of millions of people. It doesn't matter if I would have found you as an old woman, your eyes will never change and you hold every part of my heart. I'm not crazy."