Caving

Chapter Twenty Five

The ride back to Journey was quiet. Neither he nor she spoke as they looked at the rode ahead of them. Victoria was still trying to wake up. She felt that maybe she was in some kind of dream. She was indeed the real Victoria Elven, and only one piece to the puzzle was missing. Her parent's explanation. And if the real Grace Holiday was alive, where in the world was she?

"I think I need a little bit of time before I go about asking my parents any questions," she then spoke.

"Vicky, those people lied to you for nearly four years." Alex protested.

"None the less, they never mistreated me Alex, they did treat me like a daughter."

"What about the lies Mr. Holiday said to you about me? What does that tell you?" he asked.

"I don't know, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I am her, I am the woman I envied since day one. The one you love, the one you went through all of this trouble for, to find her." Vicky sighed. She smiled and lightly placed her hand over his. "Thank you." She whispered.

"I love you that is all that matters, and it is fate that we are meant to be together." He replied entwining his fingers with hers.

Once they neared her house, she went rigid and Alex immediately caught on. "Don't worry, I'll drop you off at a far distance." He said.

She nodded and relaxed as he neared the curb and stopped the car. They sat there for a moment, silence filling the small atmosphere of the car. Finally he spoke and leaned in to kiss her forehead.

"Be safe, I'll see you tomorrow." He whispered.

Vicky bit her lip and smiled, and then she dared to inch closer and place a tender shy kiss on his lips. Even though they had already kissed more than twice she still felt hundreds of butterflies want to burst through her stomach.

"Be safe as well," she whispered, her eyes still closed.

"Promise," he mumbled as he closed the distance.

Neither he nor she wanted to leave; they clung to each other as if the world were to end. Finally, she had to pull away and catch her breath. The kiss had grown too passionate and right at the moment her body was reacting to his touch.

"I love you," she whispered, "Bye." She slid out of the car and closed the door before she dared to jump back in. Her feet felt glued to the spot as she turned to look at him and smile.

Now that everything had been revealed to her she didn't want to leave. She turned and headed back towards the car and slid in clinging to him. Her lips urgently searched his and he reacted immediately, pulling her over to his side of the seat.

The windows fogged as their bodies cried desperately to be free of their clothes. Suddenly Alex had to stop, even though his adrenaline and his body screamed out to him to continue.

"We can't do this here," he whispered in a hoarse tone. Vicky was too far gone to hear his words and continued to kiss every inch of his bare chest. The steering wheel was beginning to dig itself into her back, but that pain was a distant one as well.

Alex groaned and hoped deep down that not a single police car was around as he roared the engine to life and sped towards home. As he tried controlling the wheel her lips did things to him that made the car swerve a few times. Finally he had to pull over; stretch the seat as far as it could go and continue on until finally they reached the garage. Once the door slid shut he pulled Vicky close to him, kissing every inch that he could possibly get to. Finally he slid out of the car taking her hand. He smiled proudly as he flung the house door open feeling his jeans hang low at the hips as they threatened to fall off. When had she undone the button and zipper?

He pressed her up against the door to his room and slowly his hands found the buttons to her dress. He undid each one as he kissed down her neck and then slowly slid the dress off of her body. She gasped and wrapped herself around his waist, feeling as his hands finished the job and unclipped her strap. Alex found the knob to his door and pushed pass it into his room with Vicky clinging to him.

The world fell apart and all that mattered was the intimate tryst their bodies were lost in.

****

The morning felt chilly as Alex stirred and took a lung full of air while opening his eyes. There huddled next to him she laid, her arms wrapped around his waist. He smiled and held her close remembering that last night he had made her his. Alex positioned himself so that he lay on his side looking down at her as he pushed himself up on one elbow.

He still couldn't believe how he had been given another chance, and with the same woman that he loved. Never in all of his wildest dreams had he ever expected to fall so hard in love with her. She moaned in her sleep as her bare stomach pressed against his. He loved the feel of her naked body against his. He had never before lain with any of them, the way he did with her now.

This was a golden moment, a moment in history he would never, ever forget and cherish until he took his last breath. His huddled close to her and placed a light kiss to her lips. He continued to inhale her sink, to touch her. He wanted her still, all night he had, but he knew that he had to be patient with her. Last night he had lost all control and he knew that she would be waking a bit sore from it all. He pushed away. Sliding off the bed he kissed her forehead and headed for the shower.

The family would soon hear the great news but today they still had the matter of the Holiday's to handle. She awoke soon after him and joined him in the long steamy shower. After their hands began to turn like prunes they pulled out and changed. Vicky looked simply adorable as she pulled on one of his shirts over her head wearing a pair of blue flannel pajamas of his. He chuckled as he slipped his shirt over his head as well.

"Breakfast?" Alex suggested.

A loud banging on the door had them both quickly clutching to each other as Alexander slowly opened the door to his bedroom. Vicky held on tight to him hiding behind his back as he headed towards the front door.

"Stay here," Alex whispered. Vicky retreated back into the room and sat on the bed starring at her reflection in the mirror. Memories of last night playing in her head. She ran her hands through her tangled hair and quickly picked it up into a ponytail. She fiddled with her hands looking at the closed door. Then the chilling voice of Mr. Holiday echoed through the door calling out to her.

"Grace!" he called out. She stood feeling her heart jump start in a panic. The footsteps neared the door, heavy thuds of anger making her stomach coil. It creaked open and there he stood, still in his morning clothes. His hair a tangled mess and a shotgun in his hands.

"Come along now, Gracie," he stated lowering the gun.

"D-dad, what are you doing?" she panted retreating her steps backwards towards the bed.

"I came to take you home, now let's go," he hissed extending his hand out to her.

"Where is Alex?"

"Vicky?" Alex called out to her.

"Stay where you are!" Mr. Holiday boomed lifting the barrel to point it in his direction.

"Dad NO!" Vicky cried out.

"It's okay, it's okay Vicky," Alex reassured.

"Get yourself together and let's go," Mr. Holiday exclaimed.

Vicky refused to move and simply stared at him wide eyed. She threw a pleading glance at Alex, taking in his painful expression.

"Alex." She barely whispered.

****

Alex closed his eyes and slightly shook his head. This couldn't be happening! He took a step forward once Mr. Holiday's attention turned back to Vicky. He had to be fast if he wanted to pull the shotgun from his grip. Fear and adrenaline consumed him as he dared take another step towards him. The gun was but a foot within reach and Alex quickly took his chance and reached out for the shotgun as it went off.