EIGHT. july 4th with a dash of midnight blues

THE FORTH of July hadn't no special place in Olivia or Jessie's heart

THE FORTH of July hadn't no special place in Olivia or Jessie's heart. What was to point of celebrating independence when the land was stolen in the first place? To pop fireworks and eat hotdogs apparently.

But it was the Forth of July and the Fisher family normally held a big party to celebrate... celebrate the Forth of July.

Olivia had been dressed in brown corduroy shorts and a plain white t-shirt. Her hair put into two braids that laid on her back.

She'd been at the Fisher's with her mother for about thirty minutes. Everyone had been there it seemed.

She was introduced to Adam Fisher for the first time (more on that later) and met Belly and Steven's father and potential stepmother.

She had her feet dipped into the pool as Jeremiah held a conversation with Victoria (the potential stepmother) about their music taste.

Olivia kicked her feet back and forth in the water as Conrad swan towards her.

"Nicole's gonna get lonely over there." Olivia smiled, "I'm sure she's ready to have pool sex with you by now."

"Well... she's gonna have to wait."

"You seem oddly happy." Olivia said, "What's up with you?"

"Surprised Jere didn't tell you. Our dad isn't coming."

Olivia furrowed her brows. She knew that Conrad had some sort of vendetta against his father but Jeremiah adored him. It seemed that Susannah didn't have much taste for he either these days.

Olivia gently kicked her foot towards Conrad, splashing him with water, "You know it's okay so some people to like their dad. Just let him be sad. You don't need to go around all cheery because he's not here."

"But I do." He smiled, swimming away from her, "But I really do."

His joy didn't last long as his father had arrived mid margarita making from Belly, Jeremiah, and Conrad.

"Liv!" Jeremiah called.

She turned and was handed a pomegranate margarita.

"This is my dad." He smiled, "Dad, this is my girlfriend Olivia."