NINETEEN. best thing that's ever been mine

OLIVIA FELT the bed shift from beside her, Belly waking up and rushing out the door

Olivia rolled over, rubbing her eyes before grabbing her glasses off of the nightstand.

She sluggishly made her way towards the bathroom, dragging her bag behind her and careful not to wake Conrad.

She took a quick shower, throwing on a random tank top and a pair of shorts that her mother had packed for her. She took the two braids out of her hair and threw on her oversized Cornell hoodie.

As she began to brush her teeth, humming a random song, the bathroom door swung open and on the other side stood Conrad.

Olivia furrowed her brows but decided it was best not to question why he'd opened the door in the first place.

They would all be dropping Belly off first so she'd make it to volleyball camp... at least that what Olivia thought.

Conrad ran his hand through his hair to calm himself down, but absolutely nothing could calm his nerves until Olivia gave him the answer he'd hope to hear.

"I'm sorry." He muttered.

Olivia waved him off, continuing to brush her teeth. She was absolutely sick and tired of hearing him apologize. It was so more than what Jeremiah had ever done and yet, Conrad continued to apologize to her over something he couldn't really control.

"I was telling you something important and you fell asleep and I'll be honest, I don't remember a lot of what I said, but it was something that I need you to hear." He paused, "And whether or not you'll feel the same way... I want you to know that you don't have to say anything."

Olivia furrowed her brows in confusion, spitting toothpaste into the sink, "Go on."

She stuck her toothbrush back into her mouth and Conrad sighed, fiddling with the necklace that laid in his pocket.

"I don't want to hurt you again, Olivia. Especially with all the shit that Jere and I put you through, but all summer, you've been there for me." Conrad paused, looking over at the girl who continued to brush her teeth, almost as if his words were going in one ear and out the other, "And I know you don't remember a lot of the party, but you said that you loved me and I said nothing. I've said nothing and you always said something."