THREE. welcome home

THIS WOULD be Olivia's second time not being in Cousins' for the summer

The first time had been when her father left her high and dry when she'd come out to him.

The second time? Well, a lot had happened since that last time. The last kissed she shared was with Conrad and her last fight... had also been with him.

It wasn't ideal and yet, she kept her head held high as she gave her speech at graduation and walked across the stage with one of her best friends, Violet Young by her side.

She had finally made it and she would get down on her knees and pray to whoever above for getting her here because senior year was a pain in her ass.

And Helena really wanted to drag Olivia to a party tonight. Just to get out before they do all their other shenanigans for the rest of the summer.

"I can't believe this is my second summer with you." Violet smiled, applying the purple liner across her lash line, "I mean, I can wait to show you the new hidden spots and—"

But Olivia wasn't paying much attention to what Helena was saying. She would be sorry later (probably not). She looked at her phone. The blue text bubbles on her screen lighting her face as she read over every message she had sent to him.

Jeremiah.

He wasn't responding to her nor was Conrad. She hadn't heard much from either of them since the funeral, but she always reached out.

She meant what she said. She would always be there for them and even if they weren't there for her anymore didn't mean she wouldn't be there for them.

But maybe it was time to stop trying. Maybe she should just give up.

She stopped hearing from Jeremiah a while ago and only really spoke to him at the funeral, but Conrad. It was different.

"and maybe you can try out your contacts!" Violet smiled.

Olivia finally tossed her phone to the side and sat up on her bed, "I don't think so." She sighed, "I also don't remember agreeing to any party."

Violet turned in Olivia's chair, "Come on. I've watched you slump and do school work all year." She grabbed Olivia's hands, pulling the girl close, "It's time to fuck shit up and show everyone that Olivia Lovell is that bitch."